• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst disc ever made?

Dire Wolfy

Still a puppy
I'm making this thread to get people's opinion of the worst disc ever made, sorry if this is allready a thread, if so ill delete this. The worst disc Ive ever thrown was a quest defender DDT, would turn over even with my weak backhand.

^Thanks for the Rubage!

Since you asked...
Proper technique for a Champ Groove:
picture.php

The issue with the Groove is not that you can't take one and find a use for it. The issue is that some Grooves are overstable, some are flippy, some have glide, some drop like a brick, etc. That's not terribly uncommon, but in most discs that are inconsistent you can find a tell; the domey ones suck or the flat ones suck or the ones with the flatter wing fly less stable or look at the PLH...SOMETHING gives you a clue as to what the disc is going to fly like to help a player with some experience find the one that will fit his needs. The Groove doesn't. Two discs that look identical will fly differently. You just have to buy one and hope it's going to fly the way you want it to. Nobody wants to do that. It's that "every one is a unique snowflake of suck" quality that people hate.

If you have one that you like, or you like buying discs that you have no way of knowing how they will fly, the Groove is a fine disc. I'm just not going to throw my money away like that when there are other discs that I can buy and I do know what they will fly like.
Perhaps the most accurate post ever made on DGCR's forums.

What was that weird old disc that didn't have a flight plate? It had one side specifically larger than the other. And any strong forehander could toss it 500ft, but you could throw it on one line because of how it would flip through the air.

What was that weird old disc that didn't have a flight plate? It had one side specifically larger than the other. And any strong forehander could toss it 500ft, but you could throw it on one line because of how it would flip through the air.

Aerobie Epic

Epic-Belly-HR-600x347.jpg

Skyiron Battleship I think it was called. Flew like the sinking Bismark. A straight up brick folks!

In Step 3 disc set. (Made in China)

The Groove vs. any Franklin disc... a true race to the bottom of the disc golf world (and deserving to be at the bottom of the nearest body of water).

Latest posts