• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your best round?

BigGAC1

Par Member
I'm sure I'm setting myself up for a violent 'rubing by posing this question, but I'm going to go ahead and do it anyway

I just shot the bet round of my life this morning and felt like I just had to tell someone. I shot -9 at Riverside Park in Tulsa, OK (http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=898) including an ace on the 15th. And this just got me thinking about the question, what is everyone else's best ever round (practice or in tourney play)? No mulligans or best disc played or any of that sort - just best round overall?

Shot a 43 (-11) in casual play at Woodland Mound last fall & a 44 (-10) in leagues at Winton Woods a little over a week ago. If you look at the difficulty of those two courses, you'll NOT be impressed. :eek:
I'm a bona fide middle of the Rec pack player in reality.

Shot a 43 (-11) in casual play at Woodland Mound last fall & a 44 (-10) in leagues at Winton Woods a little over a week ago. If you look at the difficulty of those two courses, you'll NOT be impressed. :eek:
I'm a bona fide middle of the Rec pack player in reality.

Ten down is respectable in competitive play at Winton. I've thrown one 40 and one 42 (with putters) there but usually stick around 44. Just tell me that you didn't take your full bag out there. ;)

Last edited:
-6 at Bellamy Park (Dover NH) and -17 at Pleasant Hill DGC. I felt WAY more accomplished getting the -6 at Bellamy considering Bellamy is a very tight course with a 60 par and PHill is wide open with a rather high 70 par. The SSE at Bellamy is 50 and at Phill it's 48

-10 Barnett park Parkside
-6 Barnett park northside
-11 Turkey lake T2
-11 Ocala Greenway
-9 Tuscawilla

Still consider myself a hacker!!!!!! I just like to play and have fun!!!!

61 at a course with an SSA of 50. I may end up having the worst best score.

What disgusts me is that I could par the course at a 54. Or better. The skills are there. The consistency is seriously lacking.

Last edited:
43 albert oakland Columbia Mo, A 49-50 is usually 1000 rated, first time playing open in any tournament and had the lead by 2 strokes

Shooting a bogey free -4 at Rocklin during the Ice Bowl stands out in my mind. There are casual rounds that I've shot better, but I don't feel like they compare as there was no real pressure to make the shots.

-10 Barnett park Parkside
-6 Barnett park northside
-11 Turkey lake T2
-11 Ocala Greenway
-9 Tuscawilla

Good stuff there! My best is -11 from the longs at Tocobaga/Maximo. I have hit -9 at Azalea (200-340 foot holes 9 holer) a few times but that isn't that hard to do.

-1 at Dayton NV ......sad I know, but I'm getting better!

Also a 918 rated round (+4 _ 27 holes) at Shady Oaks during the second round of my first A Tier.
my rating was 823 going into that event.

Damn rookie that I am....I've got a lot to learn!! My goal in my first year is to play a bogey free round.

my best round is -8 at Hughes. I have had a lot of 7 down but usually have at least one bogey in there. finally had a bogey free 8 down. just played nine the other day testing out a new putting stance and shot -4 for nine and i think i could have taken almost three more shots off of that. so looking forward to trying to break that this year.

I suppose it's probably my -9 (on a nine hole course) at Westmoreland. The course isn't particularly challenging (pretty flat and open white-level course), but I was still pretty happy with seven birdies and an ace in nine holes.. I couldn't keep it together for hole 9, though. ;) :p

Edit: based on the SSE for the course, I'd estimate the -9 round would rate in somewhere around a 1020.

Last edited:

Latest posts