• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your current disc of choice?

For me it's my Vibram Trak in medium X-Link. Short of drives and shaped/backhand shots, I've using it for literally everything. It's totally bumped my Roc and V.P. from my bag. I love the guy. I'm looking to get one in soft and that'll be my chainsmoker.

I was on a disc golfing trip in PA and WV two weeks ago, playing a lot of wooded courses - like Moraine, Two Mile, Deer Lakes, Orange Crush - and the Tangent became my go-to. It's just so reliable, easy to throw, and un-finicky.

Back here in NOLA, where the courses are much more open, I throw the Underworld a lot more. Lately I've been especially clicking with the Tournaments - they're just so easy to work, and have so much distance potentially relative to how easily they get up to speed. They're my default for most drives off the tee around here.

I think it's funny how you go through phases where you're clicking with certain discs in your bag and struggling with others.

Our course is so varied I sometimes feel like I'm driving with a different disc every hole.

Today was: Pure/Suspect/Meteor/Shock/Underworld/Renegade/Fury/Leo/Renegade/Underworld/Tern/Fury/Volt/Renegade/Amp/Volt/Suspect/Shock.

Our course is so varied I sometimes feel like I'm driving with a different disc every hole.

Today was: Pure/Suspect/Meteor/Shock/Underworld/Renegade/Fury/Leo/Renegade/Underworld/Tern/Fury/Volt/Renegade/Amp/Volt/Suspect/Shock.

i wish mine was.

my 9 looks like: wizard, wizard, rhyno, wizard, wizard, roc, wizard, wizard, wizard.

so i guess i'll say that i'm digging on my fresh wizard right now.

MVP Ion, then a Roc 3

Well 1st thing johnny, all my discs are female
If I'm not sure what to throw I usually pull out a valkyrie but lately i think i could play any hole with my esp meteor if it's not windy

If I can throw my stiletto... I'm throwing my stiletto.

Lately I've grown an attraction to my Rival. Had it for a week and hit basket 3 times so far.... I'm digging it.

Favorite disc though... I love the trespass, rarely get to throw it though.

you need to be more specific, my putter, my mid, my driver, which one?

But the one that I will use more times than not is my dragon.

Until a week ago I would have said a flat C-line FD then I bought an MD2 in C-line. Every shot I learn with this disc makes me kick myself for not buying one sooner.

Back here in NOLA, where the courses are much more open, I throw the Underworld a lot more. Lately I've been especially clicking with the Tournaments - they're just so easy to work, and have so much distance potentially relative to how easily they get up to speed. They're my default for most drives off the tee around here.

I think it's funny how you go through phases where you're clicking with certain discs in your bag and struggling with others.

I am with you on the TP Underworld. At 172, it is a birdie machine. Again like you said, maybe the easiest distance/effort ratio of any disc I've thrown, along with the Warship.

As for your second comment, for me it is the Diamond - used to be my bread and butter, but the Underworld can do more. Now the Diamond is strictly a hook shot for me, still useful, but I am finding i can make the Underworld do that too, with more power.

I'm so in love with my Prodigy M1 that I've been trying to impregnate it lately. Money approach disc for me. I know it's going to be inside 15 ft every time I pull it out.

I seem to be grabbing my proto M4 a lot at my home course (lots of woods). Just holds whatever line I put it on and goes farther than any mid I've thrown.

Latest posts