• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most hated disc?

Groove is made for ONE THROW...Flicking Right Turn Dog Legs...that's it...Epic is made by Arm Surgeons as an effort to gain business...My Rotator almost flew out of my cuff using that thing. Most hated disc...Valkyrie. It NEVER did nuttin fer me, therefore...poo on you, Valkyrie.

learn how to actually throw one and you will love it :)

Birdie

My putting greatly improved when I stopped using it.

for pure putting it may not be ideal but for upshots and fast greens it is $$$ all day.

just picked up a 120g birdie from lion for playing catch ... it's awesome

my most hated disc would have to be... the dx roc

i know they are great discs but i always seem to lose them. kc or any other plastic, no problem.

That reminds me, I hate the Buzzz as well, but not because of the disc. I like the disc, its it's cult following that likes to make hundreds of threads with all the extra zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs that annoy me.

roc collectors are easily more annoying

all the new warp speed wide rimmed stuff.. but once my game actually gets to where i can throw them it might change :p

for pure putting it may not be ideal but for upshots and fast greens it is $$$ all day.

That is true. I used to carry one just for downhill approach shots. I always knew it would find the ground and stay there.

Monarch.

I had a friend who stopped playing for a couple years, he was never really serious in the first place. When he showed up to play his first round in years he brought a monarch...which i promptly told him was i giant hunk of crap.

I proceeded to play like shiz and he almost beat me with it. Stupid monarch

Orcs, in fact they are so bad everyone should send them to me for disposal.;)

But seriously, for me, it was the skeeter, couldn't get that disc to do anything I wanted it to, but I have a buddy and he throws his all the time and makes it work. Just pisses me off.

Any new innova disc made out of that rigid as glass champion plastic they are using nowadays.

my most hated disc would have to be... the dx roc

i know they are great discs but i always seem to lose them. kc or any other plastic, no problem.

I would have to say that the Roc is not my most hated disc, but it's like the Yankees, you either love 'em or hate 'em. For me I hate 'em, same goes for the Roc, not that it's a bad disc, just an over hyped disc.

I think the intended logic behind this thread is not to point out which discs suck, but which discs have disappointed us the most to the point of hatred.

As for the Groove, Katana, Nuke SS/OS, Wahoo, and so on, we all knew what we were getting into when it was announced that yet another wide rimmed driver is coming out. Anyone who truly believed that the latest wide rimmed driver was going to be different, going to be that one magical disc that can cure your game, then I can understand the hatred. Anything beyond that is just a refusal to believe your long game sucks more than you would like and you need something to blame like a disc. I think the Flow, Havoc, Vulcan, and to a lesser extent the Archon may soon fall into this category.

With that being said, I generally hate discs that are routinely being hyped as great discs, raise my expectations, and then fly nothing like being described. Like earlier, it is the thrower, not the disc, but I hate the X-Predator and C-PD; money not well spent. The Vector and Gold Line Pain are on the tier below hate, and I have a love/ hate relationship with my soft Ions.

watching people forehand a Z flick with serious torque for stupid flexing distance pisses me off

I was one of those...when i first got my flick I was forehanding it 50ft past my nukes until one day a couple trees jumped in the way. Now the wing is all bowed and warped.....so now its just a faster pred.....250-300ft range :(
No more 400+ ft flex shots.

Im not a fan of the Ringer in D plastic....great approach disc, but you hit one tree and its done.

I think the intended logic behind this thread is not to point out which discs suck, but which discs have disappointed us the most to the point of hatred.

As for the Groove, Katana, Nuke SS/OS, Wahoo, and so on, we all knew what we were getting into when it was announced that yet another wide rimmed driver is coming out. Anyone who truly believed that the latest wide rimmed driver was going to be different, going to be that one magical disc that can cure your game, then I can understand the hatred. Anything beyond that is just a refusal to believe your long game sucks more than you would like and you need something to blame like a disc. I think the Flow, Havoc, Vulcan, and to a lesser extent the Archon may soon fall into this category.

With that being said, I generally hate discs that are routinely being hyped as great discs, raise my expectations, and then fly nothing like being described. Like earlier, it is the thrower, not the disc, but I hate the X-Predator and C-PD; money not well spent. The Vector and Gold Line Pain are on the tier below hate, and I have a love/ hate relationship with my soft Ions.

I got the Vulcan because I heard it was super flippy and expected to throw it then sell or donate like I have any other high speed driver I have tried. But then I really liked it and it stayed in my bag. About the opposite of what you are saying but thats just an exception to the rule.

I really wanted to like the X Predators and got like 7 of them, then was very disappointed. At least until this past weekend where I took one, roughed it up for about 10 minutes and BAM! The thing flew like my most used and favorite ESP Pred. Good to know if I happen to lose said broken in ESP (or even Z as I got one in that which is good to) Pred. I can rough up an X Pred and have an immediate fill in.

I got the Vulcan because I heard it was super flippy and expected to throw it then sell or donate like I have any other high speed driver I have tried. But then I really liked it and it stayed in my bag. About the opposite of what you are saying but thats just an exception to the rule.

I really wanted to like the X Predators and got like 7 of them, then was very disappointed. At least until this past weekend where I took one, roughed it up for about 10 minutes and BAM! The thing flew like my most used and favorite ESP Pred. Good to know if I happen to lose said broken in ESP (or even Z as I got one in that which is good to) Pred. I can rough up an X Pred and have an immediate fill in.

^^^Sorry to thread jack, but just got a Pro Orc, did the same thing to it, turned it into the same flight as my cherished beat Champ Orcs. Now beat it a little more and hope to pull out some amazing annies.

Comet!!!! I've thrown mako's, meteor's , buzz's etc.....bought 4 comets....elite-x 165 and 175.....z-180 and esp 181. I'm just not a fan!