• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most underrated disc you carry?

I've always liked the wolf, and recently put one back in my bag. Its one of the few discs i can turnover

And NEBULA is the bomb!!! Perfect amount of overstability, so reliable.

THats my midrange lineup, all underrated discs: Nebula, Star Gator, Wolf

I just got my Nebula in the mail....feels like a Roc:)

DX Aero. For anhyzer or straight approaches where you need it to hold a line and then stick there's nothing better imo. That includes my old soft aviars. Espeacially great for downhill approaches/putts.

I'd have to say it's my putter. A 165g Lightning U-2. No one ever speaks well of Lightning discs. And after my initial Wham-O starter set it's the first putter I ever used. I've tried others but nothing can replace it. I've sunk birds from 100ft with it.

Underrated because there's no love for Lightning!

I'd have to say it's my putter. A 165g Lightning U-2. No one ever speaks well of Lightning discs. And after my initial Wham-O starter set it's the first putter I ever used. I've tried others but nothing can replace it. I've sunk birds from 100ft with it.

Underrated because there's no love for Lightning!

because they suck

:p

Discraft Comet

This thing is super versatile, yet I don't see that many people carry it. I can literally throw everything from a huge anny to a gentle hyzer. My favorite though is releasing it with a hyzer and bombing it dead straight for about 300'. This disc is sick.

Sinus AP from Lat 64 is getting some love from me as a putter. DX Cobra, and Xpress and the other discs I carry that no one else I know uses.

Gotta go with my Banger GT. You either love the GT or hate it. I feel like it gives me my absolute best chance at 30' and in. I'm really liking the Magic for longer putts though its not really an underrated disc. I'll give another nod to the Reaper as well. It has become my control FH disc of choice for tight shots. Resists turnover while minimizing fade...whats not to love. I can't throw BH anymore but when I did I often thought that the DGA Squall was highly underrated.

Discraft ESP Meteor, I can get this to do a long annie, straight floater, or a hyzer shot when needed. This thing glides for ages too.

Any disccraft long range driver! Nobut really: the glide. I have a weak forehand drive. It's an easy one to anhyzer 290 right at the basket. It can take a much higher route than a breeze, meteor, or comet. I never liked the glide much til the black lotus was built ( about 18/27 turnover drives ), I now have two in my bag and thinkin about an impact!

The discraft predator. Great overstable driver, you can throw it hard as you want and not turn it over. Throw lighter for the best controlled hyzer approach. Skips well and can be throw as a very accurate thumber or tomahawk.

Discraft Glide. With the Elite-Z plastic, that thing is an understable monster! Tree or hazard in the way? No problem. I can turn an anhyzer from point blank with that disc! Goes really far for downhill drives, too.

Another Wolf fan here. On the opposite side of the spectrum I have been reaching for my Champion Banshee for many different throws, it's predictable sidearm, backhand, or overhand. I don't think I have ever seen anybody else carrying a Banshee.

Discraft Tracker - won it as part of prize winnings, now a staple for any hard left doglegs less than a 1st run Boss and more than a new Rancho Roc. Also comes with a medium sized skip at the end.

I lost my first one and quickly replaced it.

My bag is 90% Innova discs btw.

i think i already posted in the thread about the stingray. it is a great disc.

but i have to come on and mention a driver that is a really great disc. i've got a couple of discraft cyclones and used to throw them when they were my biggest distance drivers. i've got faster discs that go farther now. but i was playing the other day and there is one hole that i used to always be able to park my drive in a great spot for a second shot. last year or so i haven't been as reliable on this hole. last month i left my bag in the trunk of my friends car and went to go play and didn't have my regular disc set with me. so i grabbed a cyclone and a buzz and went out for a game. i honestly didn't realize i was missing the reliability and accuracy of my cyclone. i made a permanent spot in my bag for it, especially on drives where accuracy has a much bigger payoff than distance.

it was great to rediscover a disc i already had.

i think i already posted in the thread about the stingray. it is a great disc.

but i have to come on and mention a driver that is a really great disc. i've got a couple of discraft cyclones and used to throw them when they were my biggest distance drivers. i've got faster discs that go farther now. but i was playing the other day and there is one hole that i used to always be able to park my drive in a great spot for a second shot. last year or so i haven't been as reliable on this hole. last month i left my bag in the trunk of my friends car and went to go play and didn't have my regular disc set with me. so i grabbed a cyclone and a buzz and went out for a game. i honestly didn't realize i was missing the reliability and accuracy of my cyclone. i made a permanent spot in my bag for it, especially on drives where accuracy has a much bigger payoff than distance.

it was great to rediscover a disc i already had.

I've done that recently also with the flash, as well as putting my ching legacy back in my bag. The legacy is new and used it through most of the spring, then found a few new midranges and it got thrown out. Took it back out last night with great success :)

Millenium Sirius Orion LS

Been one the best discs in my bag forever... Does what its supposed to do, goes long and straight... My friends hate that disc, I love it.

Latest posts