• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What mold do you have the most aces with?

Three way tie for me.

Rhyno - Condor - Destroyer
Rhyno was a round ace.
Condor was a Cubby ace.
Destroyer was a practice ace.

I blew through chains with a CE Firebird on a single chain Innova basket. That's like a half ace.

I define a Cubby ace as one that's specifically been farmed for. Practice ace is one that occurs while throwing at a basket but not necessarily trying to hit it.

Last edited:
the most i have is 3 w/ a 172 Pro-d Rattler i got from Glong :thmbup: .. then one a piece with a Firebird and buzzz (then took it out and went back to rocs :) )

Just started hitting metal from the tee, but only one ace. Within the past month I've drawn metal five times, four times with a Comet and once with a Buzzz. Lucky for me, one of the Comet's actually stuck for my first ace. A buddy hit his first the very next day with a Wizard.

Yesterday I put in what I estimate to be about a 250' foot shot with an Ion. Threw a bad shot from the long tees and ended up right next to the shorts, then drained the shot. Not an ace, but felt similar to one. The Ion ace is coming soon.

Three way tie for me.

Rhyno - Condor - Destroyer
Rhyno was a round ace.
Condor was a Cubby ace.
Destroyer was a practice ace.

I blew through chains with a CE Firebird on a single chain Innova basket. That's like a half ace.

I define a Cubby ace as one that's specifically been farmed for. Practice ace is one that occurs while throwing at a basket but not necessarily trying to hit it.

That's a good way of looking at it. In that case I've got a few practice aces, can't say that I've ever unloaded my bag trying to hit an ace. Unloaded it plenty of times on a hole, but not to can an easy hole.

3 aces with a bubblegum star max on 3 different holes
1 with a star teebird

Two in a row, with a 118g Frisbee Moonlighter

I know this isn't what you asked, but it is my favorite true story related to my throws with flying discs.
Heavily into Frisbees in the 70's, I learned to throw 'Weyand' style (pretty much today's Tomahawk throw). Loved the way the disc traced an inverted S curve through the air. Got pretty good at it, and wanted to show it off to some friends as we passed through the High School gym. Thinking I'd hit the backboard and impress them, I said "Hey watch this!" and threw from full court. To my surprise, and their amazement, it went through the hoop with "nothing but net" (before that term was even popularized)!
They said, "You could never do that again in a million years!", so I picked up my disc, turned around, and flung it down there the other way. To MY amazement, it swished again!!! :D I trotted down, all cool, picked up my disc, and walked out as if I could do it any time I wanted to...
Pretty nice feeling.
Unfortunately, that was 1978. I started playing disc golf last fall, have played 190 rounds now, and haven't aced yet :wall:.

5 aces
3 with a Wraith
1 Starfire
1 Boss

I know what your thinking but no I don't always drive with high speed discs. The aces just happen to work out that way

star destroyer
star wraith
champ aviar
champ wraith
champ firebird
z buzzz

so wraith it is. I don't even use that mold much!

I have 14 total aces and all are with high speed drivers - that's what I drive with!!

7 with a destroyer - either champ or star.
5 with a beast - all candy plastic old mold's.
1 with a star boss.
1 with a star max.

Both of mine have been with an FL. 165' and 260'. I've hit metal with my FL, Firebird, Valkyrie and Fuse.

Its tied between a Wizard and an Flx Drone with multiple aces by both. I have aced with a z force, dx roc and champion beast. I am shocked that my predators have never found there way into the basket, I have spanked so much chain and clanked tons of metal with preds.

Last edited: