• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

DX Wraith... A meathook at first, but straightened out after some beating in and plenty of field practice. Lost it a month ago :(

aj

DX avair and a DX teebird. Soon bought my own discs and that was Soft Magnet and DX Orc (new release at the time)

The first disc I threw specifically for disc golf was an XD. I played with Freestyle Frisbees (165g) before that.

First time out I was prepared to throw frisbees because I was invited to play frisbee golf. I had passed by the course many times and knew what it was, but had never actually seen a disc golf disc before. I thought, "oh heck, I'm pretty good at guts, I should be able to drive decently."

a champ starfire...because I found it while running at the course. wow...what a bad first disc heh.

Ultra star I threw if we're including superclass. Threw that wayyyyy before I ever threw a disc golf disc. That is, if we're including throws not at or even thinking about baskets.

150 class DX Shark. I used that one disc for the first 6 months or so...

Latest posts