• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

my noob purchases were based off of name recognition. I got a 175 Tee Rex in star, a Tee bird in DX, a Cro in DX and a soft magnet. Tee rex cause that's my nickname for my daughter (short arms) Teebird cause my favorite car I owned was a 98 trans am, Cro as that's the mascot for my job (crow or raven) and the magnet cause what would stay in a metal basket better than a "magnet" :lol:

Obviously not the best choices for a starter set of discs for a noob but I made do. I can get the tee rex to hold a straight line with only slight fade out to about 350' and Aced the teebird just yesterday on a 225'er. Only been playing since around mid Oct this year.

Yellow 150 DX Leopard, from the Starter Pack. Threw it straight into the top of a tree after I tried to throw it like a regular Frisbee. Sad thing was, the group in front of me was letting me play through them, so they got to witness my disc golfing fail.

Z Flash. Bought it at a gas station near Bicentennial Park in Crowley. It was the only disc I used for the first couple of years.

a Z glide was loaned to me by a buddy for my first round. during that round i found my first disc which was a champ teebird. on the next hole i got my first birdie with that teebird.

My friend loaned me a couple discs the first time I played. A DX Wolf and a Pro D Hawk. Boy was it a long round! I stopped leaving the park and purchased two discs a KC Pro Teebird & a KC Pro Banshee (still have both of them) - I apparently did not understand the need for a putter at that point in life.

my first disc was a dx gazelle. There wasn't a course near by, so I played in a park aiming at different objects. Still have it, but dont throw it anymore.

A DX Buzzz from the lost and found at Sedgley. Was a good disc to start with because it was nicely worn in and I found it pretty easy to make the transition from a big lid to a disc and I was able to throw it straight pretty quickly. Definitely contributed to my early addiction to DG.

175g Champion Beast. My 2 roommates played a little bit and asked me to join them. On my way I stopped at Dick's. This was the only driver they had that wasn't pink or tie died, so I grabbed it by chance. It turned out to be a pretty decent beginner disc considering I had no idea what to look for. Threw it that entire summer then lost it in a pond. It came back to me a few weeks later when the water receeded a bit. It's still in my bag to this day and only lost it's #1 status recently when I tried my first Elite X XS... Still love that Beast though.

I'm not sure, we had awesome drugs in L.A. in the 80's.
hypnosis_wheel.jpg

It was probably a Whamo Pro something, I had a bunch of those.
I am sitting here now, looking at a Stingray thats probably the oldest disc I still have, its from 1980 something.
Pretty unique too. The first runs the Stingray was flying up, and all the other ones the Stingray is flying to the right.
Mine the Stingray is flying to the left. :eek: This works better for me, since I'm left handed. :D

It's not throwable any more, its rock hard, like a china dinner plate, I'm pretty sure it would explode and turn into a dust cloud if I threw it.