• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

yellow dx wolf

i don't even remember what happened to it, smart money is that it's went in a creek during high water, that's what happened to its replacement.

Frisbee MaxFlight, finally got a pic up. It's not even made for disc golf but it's on the disc wall as the first disc I ever used at an actual course.

Attachments

• MaxFlight.jpg
    MaxFlight.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 11
First disc I threw was a DX Leopard from one of those beginner 3 packs. Still have the leopard and shark from the pack.

I think it was an old trashcan lid from my neighbors garage back in the 80's if I'm not mistakin'.

As far as DG I think it was a Classic Roc.

Wham-O Frisbees

First time I ever played disc golf was in 1984 or 85 at summer camp when I was 12. I saved up and bought a 119g, 145g, and 160g frisbees (the original Wham-O world class that you can still find today).

The course was 9 holes on a beautiful hilly forested patch close to Yosemite in CA with spray painted trees as targets.

I then lost touch with the game until about 6 years ago when a good friend re-introduced it to me in the more "modern" game it is today.

I'm bummed I missed out on all those years, instead playing soccer, scuba diving, fishing, drinking, traveling, etc.

Now I'm more into it than ever, but with a lot less time to play. :mad:

Tim S.

Skeeter!

Which is actually a great disc for any noob! You can drive, approach, and putt with it.

My first discs were a Valkyrie, an Eagle, and a Gator, all in DX. What's funny was, when my n00b friend that was introducing me to the sport took me to Dick's to pick these out, I accidentally bought the Shark thinking it was a putter b/c it was white and for some stupid reason I thought it was because golf balls are white, the putters would be too since they go in the basket. I later went back and got a DX Aviar. I taco'd all the discs pretty much instantly except for the Aviar which I hated and barely used. The End.

I wish I could remember, but I bought a batch of 16 discs from a lady that had a injured back, and couldn't play anymore. That was a while ago, and my memory is not what it used to be.:|

Latest posts