• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What was the first disc you ever threw?

first one i ever threw was some lightning disc my friend loaned me... first one i bought was a max weight marauder (oops)... first one i could actually throw was a panther.

dx shark or lightning #2 driver.

still have them both, but throw neither.

Went to play with a friend and his dad...they told me to go to Academy Sports (similar to Dick's, Sports Authority, etc...) and buy a driver and a putter. I picked up a DX Leopard and DX Aviar in the high 160's range. Played one time, put the discs away.

...then 5 years later (having forgotten I had even played the sport before) I actually started to play. A week after that I found the DX Aviar behind the backseat of my truck.

A year later, it became my girlfriend's first disc when I moved to a heavier putter.

The Leopard my brother found at my parents house and started to play with it...became his first disc.

Pretty epic...2 discs got 3 people playing, lol.

DX Cheetah, circle stamped DX Viper and a DX Aviar.

I still have the Cheetah... but I gave the Aviar away to a kid and the Viper is sitting at the bottom of a pond... for now. Got a Golden Retriever on the way to me and the first task will be to retrieve that disc, which I know is still there even after a couple years, because the course doesn't use the pond at all... I just griplocked it 90 degrees right.

Elite Z MRV, fairly old-school stamp, don't see any Discraft stamped like that anymore. one tiny line of text going roughly 1/4 of the way around the top edge.

Blue DX Shark (175 I think). Lost it as Horning's Hideout Medow Ridge, Hole 9. The drive looked perfect but it just disappeared into the trees never to be seen again...

Wish I knew for sure.

A buddy was trying to get me into playing and loaned me a champ xcaliper and a DX aviar needless to say the next game I had my own disc.

Champion Banshee! I've still got the thing after using it for over 100 rounds. It's beat to heck but I'm so used to it I can make it do pretty much anything within 300ft. I even crawled 12 ft into a wet drain pipe to retrieve it.... twice....

Latest posts