• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's NEVER leaving your bag?

Comet, Magnet and XL have been in my bag for decades. The XL has recently took a vacation as I work with different fairway options. I don't see the Comet or Magnet ever getting any time off.

I have carried an Xpress for a while as well.

Firm VP's are my putter. They've been bagged for three years now and I cannot foresee them getting kicked out. I have tried many times to take buzzzes out completely, but there will always be at least one ESP buzzz in my bag.

2 can coozies, a golf ball and a decent fixed-blade knife. as for plastic, the molds least likely to be replaced would be my sentinels and p&a aviars. neutron tangent is working hard for a permanent spot as well.

Sentinels and Aviars still hanging tough, no surprise there. I am surprised that a z Buzzz wasn't on my list in May, because I've bagged them since forever. I would also add the Nova to my perm list, and probably a star boss.

Tangent has been booted to the backup bag, as I am currently digging a Buzz-centric mid setup (SS, regular Z/10 year, OS, and FLX GT). But whenever I throw Wildcat Bluffs the Tangent comes with me, they just seem to get along.

AJ star destroyer, KC champion firebird, Champion Glow thunderbird, PM champion thunderbird, champion teebird3, Jolly Launcher champion Gator, Champion Glow Roc3, PM champion Roc3, McPro Roc3, S-line P-2, XT Nova, McPro Aviar.
A year ago I would say the buzzz, classic grid dx aviar, and G-star Tern also. But I only use the classic grid dx aviar when its cold so I dont crack my McPro aviars. G-star tern I benched because I didn't like the extra "lift" at the end of its flight because it doesn't hold low ceiling shots very well. The buzzz.... well I lost the buzzz and I only used it for turnover shots. So it pry would have been replaced by the McPro roc3 anyways to help keep less molds in my bag.

I don't see Wizards or Firebirds ever really leaving the bag. Everything else could probably be replaced.

5 years ago I would have said my CE Leopards and 11X Teebirds. I'm still throwing them. But the more I throw PD's the less I feel like I need my Teebirds. And I can cover the Leopard slots with Patriots or FD's in various states of wear.

Approach discs since even the worst of drives can be salvaged with a good approach. All max weight, pfn, and board flat.

Stiff Pro Pig
Soft Ontario Pro Rhyno
Ontario XD

Last edited:
After a couple of years since the first time I posted in here, I will now say I have two discs that will be in the bag, wizards and wasps.

That is all.

rancho rocs - tried the roc3, tried comets, even tried a ghost. back on rocs. i think i might even have 5 in the bag now. :)
teebird
patriot

Never say never, but what's been in my bag the longest and have become the base line for what I measure every new disc against?

Yeti
Suspect
KC Roc
Valkyrie
Wraith

AJ star destroyer, KC champion firebird, Champion Glow thunderbird, PM champion thunderbird, champion teebird3, Jolly Launcher champion Gator, Champion Glow Roc3, PM champion Roc3, McPro Roc3, S-line P-2, XT Nova, McPro Aviar.

Paul McBeth called, he wants his bag back. Wait a minute.... where were you last Friday night? !?!?!

If I had answered in this thread before I would have answered
Z Predators. They no longer are in my bag.

PD's, one of my favorite discs since they came out, never fit in my bag well because I had broken in predators that filled most of their roles. Deciding that I liked the PD better for everything but the most overstable predator shots I put them in. And only throwing fresh Z preds, combined with dropping a true overstable mid in my bag the spot was better filled with a slower and a faster overstable driver. The XXX and Stiletto do everything a fresh pred would do, and they do it with more versatility. That and an overstable PD and the pred is not missed at all, other then sentimentally, as I threw them for a whole decade.

So I would say the most sure things in my bag right now are Z Comets and PD's. I want to say the Mercy isn't going anywhere, but since I stopped throwing wizards 5 years ago nothing has stuck in my putter pocket for more than a few years.

12x FAF Firebird!! started throwing thumpers a few months back and juts hit 2 aces in the same week. Hole 1 El Dorado DGC and hole 3 La Mirada Regional Lakeside