• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's NEVER leaving your bag?

Currently.....Banger, PA4, Zone & Stalker. Even though my short game isn't where it needs to be, I know that I have the right discs and I'm the problem.

Last edited:
PD, FD, and Buzz all seem pretty safe and have been mainstays for years now. The rest has changed over the last couple years.

Well, I've been throwing an Omega SS since they came to market. I tried to replace it last year with a different putter and brought the Omega back in short order. As long it's being made, I'll probably be throwing one.

The "as long as it's being made" is an important phrase. My favorite driver came on the market long ago and is now OOP. Once I've worn out the discs I have of that model, it'll finally disappear from the bag. RIP, Eclipse.

I retired what was probably the last Typhoon in use, too, last year. That model is long OOP, though I would have been happy carrying one on a permanent basis.

I thought the Shark was a permanent fixture, though in the past year I've found a suitable replacement. I may end up carrying a Shark, too, just in case.

Those are the discs that have had longest tenure. Others have made repeated appearances over the years (Aero), though not on anything like a constant basis.

Looked back at what I posted last year - teebirds & firebirds - and that still holds true and I still can't see that changing.

Classic Roc. The best utility disc ever made IMO. I've tried replacing it, but it always comes back.

play long enough and anything can change in dg

Oh, I agree. But looking at those molds vs. all the others in my bag and they are the least likely to change.

I could see my pig giving way to a zone. My summits...don't think I'll change them but who knows....one good putting slump and I may get an itchy trigger finger thinking a new stack of putters will solve it. Drone seems pretty solid in the bag. Buzzz..not so much. I have my own buzzz/roc internal debate so that is VERY finicky. Comet will eventually get dropped once I beat in a buzzz/roc to that stability. As it is not tossed very often. Thunderbirds seem pretty solid in their slots. Sidewinders as well....although they are losing throws to teebirds/thunderbirds lately.

The Teebird / Firebird combination is pretty solid for fairways. Closer to the basket, I'll always reach for Gateway plastic: Magics inside the circle and Wizards for most approaches within 150'...

My post from August still holds true. I might try different plastic blends but my fairway drivers and putters are still the same. I feel like the bag has been dialed in for a couple years now - the only exception I can recall is trying out some of Innova's "3" molds...namely the Teebird3 and Shark3.

My bag has changed a lot in the last few years and as of now, the oldest discs in my bag are a Suspect, Roc and a Champion Panther. They're in my bag no matter what course I play.

Never say never, who knows what might make the bag next year!

Right now the Teebird and Aviar are my staple discs. At my current beginning skill level, I use them to cover about every shot. I bag two Teebird DX discs, 159 & 168g, and two Avairs, one Classic and one KC Pro, both 175g. Don't have to lug much weight around.:)

Update... Still have the GL River in the bag, but I don't throw that particular one all too often. I have two others, one flippy that replaced the diamond (and later the F7), and one that is super straight. I'll pull out the double-ace disc once in a while, but it's not a mainstay.

The Pearl has been replaced by a Fuse. Probably a natural evolution of understable midranges.

If I were to update my answer to the OP question, I'd probably say generically "River" and "Pure". I have three of each in the bag now, and am very comfortable with them.

From just over one year ago... The last part is still true, Rivers and Pure. Everything else has changed quite a bit, but I'm still partial to Lat64 discs.