• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] What's next on your MVP (or Axiom) wishlist?

zendragon

* Ace Member *
We have had a great year with MVP and looks like a lot more to come with Plasma and faster DDs. So what do you want to see next?

Personally first on my list is to get glow onto some Axiom discs, specifically the Envy, and preferably before summer.

After that I'm thinking a tweener mid-fairway set up would be nice. Something like Discraft's Stalker/Glide/Zombee or Westside's Warship. I think the wider diameter will give the flat MVP discs some extra glide, with a fairway speed rim. Since they're partial to 1.5 increments, maybe a 16.5mm? It's not exactly a needed spot, but it's unique, and those of us who aren't power throwers might appreciate them more.

So what about you? What do you want next?

I would be interested in Axiom 9speed discs. Something more US than an amp would interesting at that speed. A super beefy putter/mid would be nice too....

I would be interested in Axiom 9speed discs. Something more US than an amp would interesting at that speed.

They're already coming. Wrath, Fireball, Insanity, and Virus.

The Proto putter needs to go into production. I can't say it enough times. I'm gonna start like rocthecourse with his popcorn. :p

And YES! Electron Ions!

I also want to see (either from MVP, or Axiom) an understable putter. On the more US side of the Proxy and Atom. Something that will flip and start drifting right at 200 feet.

Last edited:
An overmold lid, superclass approved would be even better. Its kind of against the spirit of superclass, but I think that they could create the straightest most neutral disc ever.

More attainable level, I want to see a stable speed 12-14 disc that has some semblance of glide. Something to replace my world and giant (a tall order)

They are designing classes of discs that share common cores. Financially it makes sense since they can squeeze 4 or more discs out of one core, while only changing the overmold.

That makes me wonder about a lid, or any other specialty type disc. Might not be worth the time and money. Or they could have that on their back burner. Which at this rate, might mean years before we see it produced.

They're already coming. Wrath, Fireball, Insanity, and Virus.

Those are actually speed 10 (20mm). I believe brutus is referring to speed 8.5/9 like the amp and volt. I agree, it's be cool to see another go at that speed class, especially because Volts are coming out pretty stable now and I was never super impressed with amps.

Those are actually speed 10 (20mm). I believe brutus is referring to speed 8.5/9 like the amp and volt. I agree, it's be cool to see another go at that speed class, especially because Volts are coming out pretty stable now and I was never super impressed with amps.
Yes.

Well, "speed" can be argued. But you are right, and I misread the post.

The Volt/Amp class is 18.5mm. The Tesla/Inertia class is 20mm, and those four new Axioms are part of the 20mm class of drivers.

So far, Axiom does not have any in the 18.5mm class, so Brutus was spot on. They do have some gaps to fill there. (The Clash and Crave are part of the 17mm Switch/Servo class of drivers)

Last edited:
A disc in between the current volt and amp would be nice too.... something similar to the FR volt maybe...:D

I wonder if Axiom will develop their own 21.5mm drivers (Photon class) before the 18.5mm's

BTW, I need MVP to release their new drivers in their new plastic, just so I can say I drive with a Plasma Wave.

Last edited:
First run Volt for me. I have a flippy one and it has tons of glide. Very workable disc. It'd be great to see Axiom roll one of these out.

I would bet a super beefy mid shows up from Axiom within the next year

They've covered most my wants. Soft Envy, a baseline putter I can beat to flippy, some faster distance drivers will be here before too long etc.

Some things I'd still like to see?

- Super Overstable putter.
- Electron Axis / Vector. I could see those being fun to cycle.
- Expanded Eclipse & Plasma offerings. Eclipse is nice for filming & night rounds, and Plasma is awesome.