• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the coldest day you'll play?

I have developed a small crack in the skin on my index finger from playing in the cold this week :) It's been dry and frosty which is great; in Vancouver we usually are playing in mud this time of year. Currently dealing with a half inch of snow, which isn't enough to lose anything.

I wouldn't be out there without a Zippo Handwarmer though. Those rock.

i have no problem with the cold itself - as an ex landscaper and snow remover, it comes with the territory.

just when the warmest thing you've got is your jean pockets and some handwarmers that don't work . . . eeeeeh.

Played in some single digit colds, cracked my fingers but was still fun!

Id say thats about as low as ill go ya dig?

I can play in single digit degrees but when wind blows more than 10 mph I'm out. It just cuts right through any layers.

Played in single digits with wind chill below zero yesterday. Also snow on the ground. That was below my limit, won't be doing that again.

as cold as it gets, just to say i played in it

coldest i've played in is probably around 10 degrees. Maybe 7 i can't remember if it got single digits that night or not.

I think the coldest I've played in was -10 F (not wind chill). Bearable in 3+ layers, if it's sunny and the wind isn't too bad. Just make sure your hand isn't wet when you reach into those metal chains or basket to grab your disc. ;)

Shoot...it's forecasted to be 21 for a high here tomorrow afternoon, and lots of players are asking each other where they're playing, since it'll be a "heat wave." :)

A friend of mine played at an Ice Bowl in St. Cloud, MN several years ago, where I think it was -12 to -15 F (not wind chill). Threw a drive that hit a tree, and his disc split in half. Now THAT'S cold.

If anyone is out to set a personal best for coldest round ever, well, here's your opportunity to see how insane you really are.

eqvy88.jpg

If anyone is out to set a personal best for coldest round ever, well, here's your opportunity to see how insane you really are.

eqvy88.jpg

Yeah, think I'll go down to Florida today so I can brag about playing in 80 degree winter weather.

Nah, it'll probably rain.

Not gonna break any records throwing today.. -19 currently and tonight is -29 and thats not including wind chill.. lol.. insanity..

The coldest that i have played so far is last years Valenties Day Massacre at Jefferson Barracks Missouri it was a warm 17 degrees i play in cold gear shorts and tshirt. Tho Tuesday of this week it is supposed to be a high of -2 i am gonna try and squeeze a round in to give me a subzero round in