• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you'd pay for a bag?

Most you'd spend on a bag...

• $50

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • $100

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • $200

Votes: 102 37.5%
  • $300

Votes: 60 22.1%
  • $400

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • $500+

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
I said $100. I have a Fade Tourney, Fade Lite, and a Gorilla Boy Chimp. My first tourney started to rip a little and Fade straight up replaced it and sent me a free Lite. I use the new tourney on my homemade cart for field practice and the Lite for "business" travel and some pitch-n-putts.

I just recently bought the Chimp for $55 here on DGCR and I love it! It's my main bag forever now. I'd pay full price for one ($70-80ish) if the wait wasn't an issue. When it's time to replace I'm going GB for sure.

I said $100. My Ranger was a gift. I wouldn't have bought it for myself.

You need an under $50 option on this poll, I made my own for around $10

Let's face it a bag is a backpack, they should be reasonable in price but popular items never are. I now have 3 Fade bags, all hold about 22-25 disc. I bought the first at retail about 80 bucks including backpack straps, the second was used, same setup, 40 bucks. The 3rd came with quad stapes and I traded 6 used disc for it. I have made up my mind that disc are more important with regard to playing since I only throw my bag once in a while.

To the point of the question, less than 100 bucks seems fair but I don't sell bags for a living.

The most expensive bag I ever had is my Crunch Box. Not even $50. Would never spend more. I don't see the point of lugging that many discs. My throw is not consistent enough to think I can repeat it perfectly enough to realize the benefits of 5 stages of wear on a DX disc. I'd prefer to try to shape lines out of fewer discs. Seems to work just fine for me.
The only reason I upgraded to the Crunch Box was that I could carry 2 more beers, a deli sandwich and water on longer courses.

I stick by my Gateway, up toward 200 bucks, but it is a beast. Last one went for about a decade, and I then gave it away, still in use, I believe. I am surprised they get no love here. Course, backpacks have become the rage.

I've only owned one nice big bag my used innova discarrier with innova straps that I payed $35 for. If I couldn't find a deal like that I can imagine paying about 75 for one but really I wouldn't want to spend more than that on a bag...

Slight thread drift: does anyone know why Nikko doesn't carry a disc golf bag (in the specific sense) but instead uses a hippy back pack? I've been wondering that recently....I hope it's because he is sticking it to the DG bag moguls until they lower their prices for the common man!!

^something to do with his bag getting torn apart while trying to head over the pond earlier this summer.

Yeah, I doubt Nikko is "holding out" sponsorship $$$ to make a statement for the little guys.....

I have paid $100. I traded some work out for my Ranger bag and I love it. I am hoping to do the same when the new Soldier bag hits the ground............

That being said, I would pay in the $150ish range for a bag I thought was perfect. I don't carry enough discs for a simian or mahal.........

I stick by my Gateway, up toward 200 bucks, but it is a beast. Last one went for about a decade, and I then gave it away, still in use, I believe. I am surprised they get no love here. Course, backpacks have become the rage.
Gateway started as a disc wholesaler and started making bags a few years before they started making discs. They really were the first place to make a high-quality disc golf bag; probably around '96 or '97. Most of the pro's started using them since they were far and away the best bag out there. They were $55.00. It seemed like highway robbery at the time. I know a few guys that still have those early bags; 15+ years and still kicking.

Most of the bags that are "tour"-type bags really just copy that early Gateway design. Somewhere along the line they got lost in the bag discussion, but they still make a solid bag.

Oh, and I'd carry my discs in a grocery sack before I spent $50.00 on a bag. :|

When making the poll, I didn't account for all the hobos in our midst. :p

When making the poll, I didn't account for all the hobos in our midst. :p
People take up an activity for a variety of reasons, and they quit for a variety of reasons. I have participated in a multitude of activities that I don't any longer. Most of them that I no longer participate in were due to a cost/benefit evaluation; I wasn't having enough fun to justify the cost. I still disc golf honestly not becasue I enjoyed it more than other activities, but becasue it is so cheap that the cost has never outweighed the amount of fun I'm having.

Once you start dropping $200 on a bag, the cost/benefit for me is shot. I'm way too cheap to do that. If I wasn't that cheap, I probably would be doing something other than disc golf with my free time.

Honestly, I don't throw much Star plastic the the same reason. Champ/Z is as expensive as I can go without choking. I really did prefer the "everything is $7" days of base plastic.

Assuming that you have extra cash to spend

Well, if I had the extra cash, I'd get exactly the bag I want regardless of price. Currently using a Simian for tournament/league play, a Grip for most casual rounds, and a Spider Monkey when I just don't want/need to carry a bunch of stuff.

i dont have the need for a backpack style one. fade tourny is just right for me. $50 and carries all the discs and extra stuff i need. i do travel light though

I hear ya Three Putt. Sometimes a cheap bag is just that though. My Fade Lite is already getting ratty after less than 75 rounds.