• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's the worst disc you've ever had/thrown?

Discwing Quarter K

Without a doubt this disc should be a shoe in for worst disc of all time.
It was SOOOO hyped with Jonny Potts getting a PHD in disc aerodynamics and patenting the disc, as it had a bullet shaped noese with a large radius on the rim, that reduced drag. With a name that promised distance, from a wind tunnel tested (supposedly) design... It all sounds sweet. Untill they made it....

And boy did they f**k it up. The plastic could be dented with your fingernail and you could physically deform the plastic pre throw by bending the disc. After hitting a tree you it was not uncommon to have to bend the disc back to round and flat. It had a domed flight plate and once thrown it was incredibly flippy, turn and burn rollers . I think it did float though, not sure thats a plus though.

The Quarter K 2 and subsequent discs were an improvement but the damage was already done. Discwing is unsurprisingly no more.

Without a doubt this disc should be a shoe in for worst disc of all time.
It was SOOOO hyped with Jonny Potts getting a PHD in disc aerodynamics and patenting the disc, as it had a bullet shaped noese with a large radius on the rim, that reduced drag. With a name that promised distance, from a wind tunnel tested (supposedly) design... It all sounds sweet. Untill they made it....

And boy did they f**k it up. The plastic could be dented with your fingernail and you could physically deform the plastic pre throw by bending the disc. After hitting a tree you it was not uncommon to have to bend the disc back to round and flat. It had a domed flight plate and once thrown it was incredibly flippy, turn and burn rollers . I think it did float though, not sure thats a plus though.

The Quarter K 2 and subsequent discs were an improvement but the damage was already done. Discwing is unsurprisingly no more.

I'll agree. The Quarter K was freaking awful. At the time it was supposed to be some new fast revolutionary distance disc. It wasn't. It was about as fast as an Orc, but flew way, way worse. The plastic was like chalk and got dinged and gouged easily. The disc was pretty flippy and could only handle about 300' rips. Garbage. I feel sorry for anyone who spent money on them.

I'll agree. The Quarter K was freaking awful. At the time it was supposed to be some new fast revolutionary distance disc. It wasn't. It was about as fast as an Orc, but flew way, way worse. The plastic was like chalk and got dinged and gouged easily. The disc was pretty flippy and could only handle about 300' rips. Garbage. I feel sorry for anyone who spent money on them.

The disc flew fine if you knew how to throw it,super antihyzer flip to flat but the Plastic was so bad that a guy I know who got one never bought the disc, he did get the Quarter K2 or whatever it was and the plastic was the same which spelled the end for brand sad because the Quarter K2 was like a 12 speed in most brands discs but like a Valkyrie flight. They said better plastic with Quarter K2, all they did was make the outer thin layer a slick glossy layer that made the disc harder to grip in most situations. The Quarter K2 was either too grippy or not grippy enough. Basically you needed the cloudy not raining humid day that parts of Scotland and England have most of the year in the summer or even parts of the Pacific North west of North America that goes into parts of Alaska.

probably Teebirds. they are just so boring.

You want boring, a Innova Birdie is the disc. A Birdie is a disc that you can throw only as a shorter 35 feet and in putter as it will start to burn and turn on harder putts past 35 feet even using the old Wham-O Frisbee wrist spin pre disc golf disc play used and uaing that on the Birdie and they will still burn and turn with higher speed added to the Birdie. That thumbtrack affects the flight of the Birdie so the disc top has the wind push the disc to the ground more. Reason anything past 35 feet and a Birdie is really not going to work as with its high rim the disc needs to be thrown harder to make the distance. A Discraft Rattler will work better if you are used to throwing Ultimate style discs or could figure out the wrist spin needed for a basic Wham-O Frisbee or Discraft Sky Styler to work for disc golf. Even the Arrow from Arobie will fly better as that disc is a brick so all you have to do is hard toss the putt as if it were a horseshoe to have it fly or more like go in the air and drop where you want the Arobie Arrow to land.

Last edited:
probably teebirds. they are just so boring.

You want boring, a Innova Birdie is the disc. A Birdie is a disc that you can throw only as a shorter 35 feet and in putter as it will start to burn and turn on harder putts past 35 feet even using the old Wham-O Frisbee wrist spin pre disc golf disc play used and uaing that on the Birdie and they will still burn and turn with higher speed added to the Birdie. That thumbtrack affects the flight of the Birdie so the disc top has the wind push the disc to the ground more. Reason anything past 35 feet and a Birdie is really not going to work as with its high rim the disc needs to be thrown harder to make the distance. A Discraft Rattler will work better if you are used to throwing Ultimate style discs or could figure out the wrist spin needed for a basic Wham-O Frisbee or Discraft Sky Styler to work for disc golf. Even the Arrow from Arobie will fly better as that disc is a brick so all you have to do is hard toss the putt as if it were a horseshoe to have it fly or more like go in the air and drop where you want the Arobie Arrow to land.

ill second it, the teebirds are pretty boring.

I love the Birdie,
I have no problem throwing one on a rope out to 200ft
It holds up better in the wind than a Polecat
I love when folks ask "what was that?" after I throw a nice clean no fade shot that just hovers and lands.
I have more throw-in dueces with a Birdie than any other approach disc and my main approach disc is a Rhyno.
Lids are fun

I'll play:

Vibram Obex - tried three different ones and not one was as stable as my Ibex.

MVP Amp - glideless turd.

Lat Opto Flow - see Amp.

DX Ape - flippy rubbish.

I'll play:

Vibram Obex - tried three different ones and not one was as stable as my Ibex.

MVP Amp - glideless turd.

Lat Opto Flow - see Amp.

DX Ape - flippy rubbish.

so right on with the amp. my f i was so excited for a "sidewinder" flight gyro patented technology disc...and then it came as a barely understable brick.

I love the Birdie,
I have no problem throwing one on a rope out to 200ft
It holds up better in the wind than a Polecat
I love when folks ask "what was that?" after I throw a nice clean no fade shot that just hovers and lands.
I have more throw-in dueces with a Birdie than any other approach disc and my main approach disc is a Rhyno.
Lids are fun

I think it is my putting style and the way I throw discs that helps with this.

Yea, pretty much. My release isn't consistent enough for such a nose angle sensitive disc.

my first ace was with a river. about 275 ft.

stopped throwing that disc cuz the wild unpredictability, not because it was my first ace disc.

if you gave me 100 throws with a river on the same hole, i doubt i would even hit metal with it (now i throw ions on that hole)

i remember when river's first came out. they were the hottest disc on the market for months.

yea, that's about when I had one.. I lost it, a long time ago now..

I have a really beat to death *destroyer, it does similar things now.. it's either gonna be really cool.. or suck.

I will agree that Rivers are all over the place, especially across plastics. The Frost River was a dud for me - but when you find a good one, they are gold. Speaking of gold, Gold line Rivers in the low to mid 160s ... that is what this disc was meant to be when they slapped a 7 glide on em. Been rocking one for years on the tunnel shot, and it has been money for me.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but I learned my lesson of Blizzard/Air under-stable distance drivers. Havoc, Inertia, Bolt, Valkyrie, etc. These are way too flippy. Fly fine at normal weights, but to be avoided at 150 weights.

Maybe I should work on my roller game when the snow melts.

You want boring, a Innova Birdie is the disc. A Birdie is a disc that you can throw only as a shorter 35 feet and in putter as it will start to burn and turn on harder putts past 35 feet even using the old Wham-O Frisbee wrist spin pre disc golf disc play used and uaing that on the Birdie and they will still burn and turn with higher speed added to the Birdie. That thumbtrack affects the flight of the Birdie so the disc top has the wind push the disc to the ground more. Reason anything past 35 feet and a Birdie is really not going to work as with its high rim the disc needs to be thrown harder to make the distance.

This is false information... it's never the discs fault if you are turning and burning jump putts with it, period. If you are gonna exaggerate, at least make what you are saying somewhat plausible.

This is false information... it's never the discs fault if you are turning and burning jump putts with it, period. If you are gonna exaggerate, at least make what you are saying somewhat plausible.

Apparently you have no idea who you are talking to. He's the current incarnation of the DGCR "expert" who babbles through multiple posts to spread woefully ill informed opinions with a childish enthusiasm.

Apparently you have no idea who you are talking to. He's the current incarnation of the DGCR "expert" who babbles through multiple posts to spread woefully ill informed opinions with a childish enthusiasm.

Sadly I do know:doh:...but just when I think the guy has hit rock bottom, he goes and starts chiseling away at the granite. SMH

Latest posts