• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the worst part of your game?

What part of your game needs the most improvement?

• Driving

Votes: 116 35.4%
  • Midrange shots

Votes: 28 8.5%
  • Approach shots

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • Putting

Votes: 148 45.1%

• Total voters
Currently it's putting. I have been going out and just playing rounds instead of getting out the practice basket, it shows a lot. Back when I putt every day for at least a half an hour before rounds I could definitely tell the difference.

I'm new here, but have been playing since about mid summer. Approach and putting, I'm probably better than average for my experience level due to having a practice basket. Driving on the other hand, is where I greatly suffer. Currently, I throw right forehand. My distance is okay, but, accuracy is spotty. I can flick a Wraith just over 300 feet most of the time. I'd like to be able to throw right backhand, BUT, for some reason, I'm constantly shooting for the moon. I get good straight throws, nice turn at the end, but, most of the time, it's upward at a 30 degree angle or more! If I just stand and throw, I can get a good level throw, but, no distance, probably only 150-200 ft with a Leapord, and lots of turn at the end.

David

My driving is getting better, my mids are good, and I love my approaches. For some reason, I choke when I have to make an important putt. When I practice I do fine, but in a tournament , I tend to get nervous and make mistakes. I have to learn how to relax when I putt.

Just recently I switched my grip for my putter, For 15 years I was using my pointer finger on the rim, now i'm tucking the pointer under the rim a little bit and this has helped BIG TIME, I dont shoot off left or right nearly as much and im making most putts I would have missed even a month ago,Im lovin it. My drives are getting around 350-400 consistantly and my mids are tight, Im really liking my game lately and were gonna get snow soon :wall: sucks, guess Ill be practicing putts on my basket in the basement for a while.

Just recently I switched my grip for my putter, For 15 years I was using my pointer finger on the rim, now i'm tucking the pointer under the rim a little bit and this has helped BIG TIME, I dont shoot off left or right nearly as much and im making most putts I would have missed even a month ago,Im lovin it. My drives are getting around 350-400 consistantly and my mids are tight, Im really liking my game lately and were gonna get snow soon :wall: sucks, guess Ill be practicing putts on my basket in the basement for a while.

are you a yarnie?

O.k ive seen "yarnie" a few times on posts, tell me wtf yarnie is please?

:confused:im not sure if im being insulted or if I like to sew things with yarn or something

Man, don't you have some disc golf to go play or something?:\

dont you have some redtube to peruse?

Yarnies:n.People who play disc golf in the snow. Wish they lived in southern california. Name derived from the silly bits of yarn that help them find their discs as they freeze and wish they were in southern california.

Despite wearing 50 layers, the yarnies remained frigid as they searched for their bits of yarn in the snow.

Yarnie:

1. john (greek)
2. a term yelled out at unexpected year 8's to scare them away.
Group of year 9's: YARNIE!!!!!
Year 8 kid: aaargghhh!!!

Even urban dictionarys definition sucks for yarnie. Yelling to scare away? :thmbdown:

hee hee...i hadnt thought to look there. i cant say that i get UD's def. i coined the term in regards to disc golf. :p

dont you have some redtube to peruse?

Yarnies:n.People who play disc golf in the snow. Wish they lived in southern california. Name derived from the silly bits of yarn that help them find their discs as they freeze and wish they were in southern california.

Despite wearing 50 layers, the yarnies remained frigid as they searched for their bits of yarn in the snow.

AHHH thanks, yes im most definitely a yarnie!!:clap: Jealous of you warm weather dwellers, snow sucks. Im updating urban dictionary with the proper def too, those bastards.:wall:

midrange. My home course doesn't require to many midrange type shots. I could probably take it out of my bag and with a couple different putters do just fine.

I'm pretty sure most could agree that putting is a big deal. I mean just yesterday I had a bad drive then an approach shot that got knocked down by a branch and ROLLED very far. I was behind a big bushy tree, I thumbered it for another approach and made what's a HUGE putt for me giving me a 4! That really normally would have been a five, but that putt really made up for those bad shots. Now I guess if you wanted to be a stickler I don't remember for sure if I threw it like I would for putting or stood sideways, but with that distance it was I would still call it a putt myself.

Latest posts