• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the worst part of your game?

What part of your game needs the most improvement?

• Driving

Votes: 116 35.4%
  • Midrange shots

Votes: 28 8.5%
  • Approach shots

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • Putting

Votes: 148 45.1%

• Total voters
Avoiding trees...if there is one errant limb that seems to hang lower, or stand taller, that's exactly where my disc is going...

Seriously though. PUTTING. my putting is absolutely awful. I have tried so many things; slowing down, going faster, aiming higher, aiming lower, controlling my breathing, changing my stance, finding a ritual... Nothing seems to help. I'm not just talking 20 footers either. Anything outside of six feet, and I probably only close the deal 40% of the time. It's really frustrating, and I have no idea what to do...grrrrrr!!

I've only been playing a short while, but I don't want to hide behind that excuse anymore.

Driving Conisitancy trying to find a good release and stop spraying drives left and right. Also, my mid range drives on like 230'-275' holes which I make look difficult on a regular bases.

My approach game has always been an achilles heel for me. I have never been comfortable with that tweener shot...it kills me game. I have started throwing a Buzz recently and really like the results so far. Maybe that will revolutionize my game=)

Driving for sure, not that my approaches and putting couldn't use some work too. I've always thought if I could get a fairly consistent 300-320' drive I'd be good enough to cash occasionally (at least), not sure if that's true any more though.

I need to work on driving, midrange shots, approaches, and putting. I have the walking part down pat though!:clap:

Good thread Midnight. It always helps to identify that part of our game which hurts us most often. Not on the list but high in mine are consistency and playing within my skill set.

putting....can't wait to get that practice basket!

The worst part of my game is getting out of trouble. I tend to play conservatively because I don't have a variety of throws to use.
My approach game is okay and my putting is okay, because I have a practice basket in my yard.
Of the choices listed in the poll, I chose driving.

Last edited:
The worst part of my game is getting out of trouble. I tend to play conservatively because I don't have a variety of throws to get out of trouble.

Unfortunately, I have become somewhat familair with these types of shots lately. I love throwing a hammer with my shark or a roller out of the bush.

I'm having a hard time gauging distance on my approach shots, i love to just crush my throws and i have a hard time pulling back. I tend over shot the basket by a good distance or ease up way to much which makes for a long putt, the second most part of my game that needs improvement. Still new to the game but am steadily improving.

I'm having a hard time gauging distance on my approach shots, i love to just crush my throws and i have a hard time pulling back. I tend over shot the basket by a good distance or ease up way to much which makes for a long putt, the second most part of my game that needs improvement. Still new to the game but am steadily improving.

Pretend you're playing catch with a child standing 10-15 to the right and short of the target (assuming RHBH approach with somewhat stable disc).

My putting is mediocre and my approach shots and drives are inconsistent, but where I really stink is when I have to throw a midrange disc from the tee box. For some reason I have trouble finding a comfortable grip on most midrange discs.

It used to be my putting but since the injuries it's my driving. I'm starting to doubt that I'll see 300' again. (Each of the past three years now, I've managed to wrack myself up each year.) I'm just happy that I can now throw 18 holes with not much pain.

It is tough to choose one aspect, but it is probably my putting. I have not gotten to the point where 20 ft and closer is almost automatic yet. However, I haven't played for so long (school it killing me this semester) it might be different now.

Putting and driving are very difficult. I often do well with one aspect of my game but struggle with the others. I might be killing my drives but my putting is killing me....I rarely have all 3-4 components of my game working full throttle on the same day. I guess thats just disc golf!

Probably putting. Short game is super awesome, driving is not too bad, but my putt game could use some work. I have practiced a lot in the past and have gotten better, but consistancy is the key. Something I need to focus on.

After the last few rounds, I am starting to think every aspect of my game needs work! Driving sucked, approach was mediocre, and putting made me want to burn every disc in my bag!!

Latest posts