• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats YOUR fav upshot disc?

yeti pro aviar if its ~125 or less, more than that and i throw a roc or way power down a FB forehand depending on whats in the way

170 star Coyote. It will hold any line. Headwinds, I will throw Ringer or Zone. Waiting to get my Opto Pain. I'm hoping it will replace the Zone, Ringer, or both.

Under a hundred I'll probably use my Aviar. Outside that my Ching Roc if there's room to aim a little right of the target and let it slide in, otherwise my Champ Cobra for straight or slight annies. If there's a significant risk of sliding by or down a hill I'll use my Aero.

FLX Drone or Midnite Buzzz. I can hit any line or distance with these. FH and BH give me a lot of shot selection, particularly FH anny shots with the Buzzz through the woods. If I'm using my Wizard (even at 100') I'll consider it a long putt. Typically I don't use the wizard much longer than that except off the tee.

Either my beat or newish Soft Wizard for less than 150'

Roc of some type depending on the lie for the longer approach.

Whippet on rare occasions.

Soft Challenger!!!
:thmbup:

D Zone

This disc is beat half to death. I've hit some crazy upshots from 300' out with this thing, and it will never ever ever ever leave my bag ... ever. If I have a clear line to the right side of the basket, I can throw this thing low and hard, and it will dive left at the last second, skip once, then roll around the base of the basket. I've become known among my friends for that exact shot.

HPP Wizard or Grip Line Pure for 75-200' shots (depending on the line)
0-75' = Zero Line Pure

I use many different discs to approach with but my "favorite" is a seasoned Pro D Challenger that has a concave top and looks and feels like a Yeti aviar. The thing is still HSS but no LSS.

Entirely shot dependent. I will use everything from a one of my 4 Aviars, Pig, Spider, one of 3 Rocs or my Cro. Even a powered down or OH Whippet comes out sometimes. Everything from wind to distance, obstacles, elevation, distance, comes into play.

dx cro up to 250 and in, sometimes farther. i also putt with my cros..super awesome disc

but depending on the situation i also like sidearm upshots with my monster or bh with my pig or rhyno in the wind..

Last edited:

Latest posts