• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's your favorite neutral, workable, "do it all" midrange?

Sheesh. Calm down guy. It's a pretty neutral flying disc trust me.

I'm already calm, but thanks for the free advice.

You say to trust you that a VRoc is a neutral flyer. Why should I trust you that the disc is neutral flying, when your example is irrelevant? That's like me saying that a P2 is a great putting putter because Simon can throw it 400'+ feet. Maybe it is great for putting, but a fully irrelevant example neither proves nor disproves that point. Would you be more confident in putting with a P2 based solely on that example?

I'm already calm, but thanks for the free advice.

You say to trust you that a VRoc is a neutral flyer. Why should I trust you that the disc is neutral flying, when your example is irrelevant? That's like me saying that a P2 is a great putting putter because Simon can throw it 400'+ feet. Maybe it is great for putting, but a fully irrelevant example neither proves nor disproves that point. Would you be more confident in putting with a P2 based solely on that example?

Are you ok?

Do you need to take your medication?

This thread inspired me to pick up Opto Claymores. I could see it being too flippy for people with above average arm speed but for me it's doing some work. It flies pretty similar to my Glo Z comet but slightly faster and fares a bit better in windy conditions.

No love for the Super Stingray?

A Super Stingray.

My Super Sting/Coyote combo has been a lot of fun recently. The Coyote itself could also be considered a workable mid. Just a touch less turn then the Super Sting

Also gotta agree with the Hex or a beat/Fission Reactor.

Last edited:
But to be fair, if I could have figured out how to get a clean FH release on a Roc, I'd still be tossing Roc - Comet. :rolleyes:

That's the biggest downside of these discs: They eliminate a third of my throwing techniques. It's sad, as both are great backhand discs, but in my minmal bag I cannot afford a discs that's not versatile enough to be thrown backhand, forehand, and overhand.

The Roc3, however, works well for me forehand ... no difference to a Buzzz concerning cleanness of release.

The Comet is the only one trick pony that I sometimes put in my bag, because it is just too good in what it does best.

Full props to Warship and Claymore, but Ti EMac Wasp is my jam. Z Buzzz isn't the worst, but Wasp can handle the wind and torque. Anyone have a 168g Ti EMac Wasp on offer? Hit me up.

I was using the Lat64 Compass as my straight mid-range. Forehands and backhands it was pretty straight for me. Then I lost it.
Now it is the MVP Reactor.

For slightly overstable mid-range throws, it's the DGA Quake. But that is mainly forehand throws.

I bookend this slot with a slightly overstable (Pine) and slightly understable mid (Fuse). If I wanted to bag a just stable mid I'd bag either a Rift, Warship, or Chariot/Qms.

Latest posts