• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your Home course?

Freeman Lake Park, 15 minutes from the house.
Very glad to have this course close by, just wish I had another one that close too.

(Link to course homepage in signature)

Technically, it's Barber Park but don't go there much nor have the desire to. I claim Wellspring/Cedarock and El Norte(North Asheboro) as my home courses. Greensboro needs to step their course game up!

I've got Batholomew Park only about 2 1/2 blocks away from my house. It's a great little 15 hole course & I believe it was the first course in TX. :)
Bart was an awesomely fun course...there were only 12 holes in the ground when I went a few years ago, but they were all a blast to play.

Mine is Harry Myers Park in Rockwall, TX. Fun, challenging Houck design in a very well-maintained city park...hate to brag, but it's badass :D

Having just started playing disc golf, all but one of my rounds has been at the Illinois Institute of Technology. It's a nice short course in the middle of a college campus. I can knock out a 9 hole round in about 20-25 minutes if I play alone. It's proven to be a great place to learn to throw, and it really rewards accuracy and consistency (neither of which I have yet) over distance (which I definitely don't have!).

My first DG experience was at Sandy Point in northern WI, which I just loved. I'm looking forward to trying some other Chicago area courses, like any of the Lemon Lake courses. I only wish there were more courses in and around the city of Chicago!

Justin

Technically, it's Barber Park but don't go there much nor have the desire to. I claim Wellspring/Cedarock and El Norte(North Asheboro) as my home courses. Greensboro needs to step their course game up!

I'd love to try and get something new built in the area... if thats even possible. I am moving down in a week and don't know how much I want to drive to Burlington/Asheboro every time I want to ring some chains!

My home course is at my house:D. 2.5 acres right out the back door.

Thompson Park is where I play the most and have since I helped get it going in 1988. We bought this house 4 years ago because it's only 1.5 miles from the park, and it's got plenty of room to set up our own practice holes. We've got 3 Mach III baskets, 1 Innova Skill Shot, several homemade pole targets, and 2 mini baskets.

North Park in Haltom City, TX is my home course. It is not my favorite course, but the closest and most convenient to play on a regular basis.
My Review of North Park.

Bandemer Park in Ann Arbor, MI is likely my home course. I play it about every other week, but I play it more often than any other course in the area. It is about 22 miles away from my house.

It is a nice 9 hole course.

You're in Howell and you consider Bandemer your home instead of Hudson Mills? I agree Bandemer is nice, but.........:eek:

Having just started playing disc golf, all but one of my rounds has been at the Illinois Institute of Technology. It's a nice short course in the middle of a college campus. I can knock out a 9 hole round in about 20-25 minutes if I play alone. It's proven to be a great place to learn to throw, and it really rewards accuracy and consistency (neither of which I have yet) over distance (which I definitely don't have!).

My first DG experience was at Sandy Point in northern WI, which I just loved. I'm looking forward to trying some other Chicago area courses, like any of the Lemon Lake courses. I only wish there were more courses in and around the city of Chicago!

Justin

Yeah, Chicago has lots of courses, just not a lot of good courses. If you head out west to Joliet there are some nice courses, and the Lemon Lake courses are a lot of fun, though really tough.

At my old apartment, Hansen Park (New Brighton, MN) was just at the end of the block, so I played there quite a bit. Even went to Wednesday night league a few times.

Now I am just a couple miles from Acorn Park (solid 18-hole course) in Roseville, MN. I usually have Wednesdays off, and I'll play back-to-back-to-back rounds there (ok, maybe one quick break) quite often.