• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Are You Going in 2019?

I promise I will make it to Highbridge in the first half of 2019 as long as it doesn't implode first. I never made time to make it out to Ozark Mtn and now it is on the way out. I really don't want to miss out on Highbridge, too.

I live a few hours south of Highbridge and have always wanted to make the trip up. If you want some company up there, let me know. Id make the trip!

I still have plans to watch two tournaments live in 2019 (after hitting Worlds and USDGC in 2018)....Great Lakes Open and Green Mountain Championship... I just changed my plan to do two weeks off for the Green Mountain Championship...should be epic...

1. From Buffalo, NY a 10-hour drive to spend 2 nights touring Quebec City

2. Another 10-hour drive to Prince Edward Island for 4 nights where I'll definitely play Hillcrest DGC and Huck It DGC a few times each, kind of unique courses to bag, they looked great in 2018 Canadian Nationals videos

3. A 7-hour drive to Acadia National Park to hike and spend 3 nights

4. A 3-hour drive to Portland, Maine for 3 nights where I'll hit Sabattus Eagle, Sabattus Hawk, Sabattus Falcon, Pineland Farms - Patriot and Bittersweet Ridge - North

5. A 4-hour drive to Smugglers Notch, Vermont for 5 nights and spectating the Green Mountain Championship

6. An 8-hour drive home

I don't even know if I could enumerate all the courses I want to hit, but I can say this: this past Sunday, we drove from Charlotte to Wilkesboro to check out Rolling Pines. It's only a 90 minute drive to the area, so you can bet I intend to head that way often in 2019 (and for the remainder of 2018) to play it again, and to try out Fort Hamby and Highland Hills.

Man, Rolling Pines was so, so pretty. Really amazing spot, well-thought and -wrought DG heaven. I would use the word "spectacular," but realize some folks just ain't that impressed with cleanliness and the simple aesthetic pleasures to be found there. As for me and my buddies, we're convinced it's a total gem, and well worth the ride up. Played like absolute doodoo but had a great time. I think we ended up doing about 30 holes.

We ran into some locals in the parking lot who were quite amazed that we had traveled from CLT to their course; they seemed to appreciate our praise, but also mentioned that Ft. Hamby was their favorite. So...next time!

We also found a great BBQ joint called Tipton's, if I recall correctly. Maybe 6 miles from Rolling Pines. Killer smoked chicken, ribs, and brisket...And every single person we interacted with in that town was so polite, friendly, and helpful to us. All in all, a great day, a great town, and a great course. Highly recommended.

This should be sticky'd instead of the 2018 thread.

Just made it to Harmony Bends finally!

I played 2 rounds from shorts on day 1 as I was super tired and beat from backpacking.

I shot consecutive 60s, which didn't feel great. The second round I played with only 5 discs (US/OS fairways and putters, and putting putter).

Lots of 2 able holes, more than I expected, but per usual with Houck courses, they were tricky and still definitely bogeyable as well. Like hole 8. First throw from reds I hit the skinny hyzer line, hit the basket - the bottom side of the disc hit the nubs, inches from an ace - which sent it flying straight up like 15 ft, then rolled back down, somehow stayed IB, but was like 20' from the tee. That sorta summed up my short tee rounds there.

Then on Tuesday I played 2 rounds from longs. I wanted to play white, but then after playing longs I just wanted to try to beat my score. I'll get back and play white next time.

Both rounds were meh - some really good holes, some really bad holes, lots of in between. I never found a rhythm either day. It's hard to stack success there for more than a couple holes. Every time I played a good hole, I'd play a bad hole. I stayed pretty clean OB wise, only 1 OB round one, and 2 round two.

Shot 70 the first round, then 72 the second round. Couldn't get to course par.

I lost a Champ Valk in the standing water on hole 10 - it's yours if you find it!

Overall, I really like Harmony, but it's not my #1, or even my #1 Houck course.
I liked Hobb's Farm better; that's my favorite Houck course so far.

Merry Christmas!
Anyone traveling to Northern Iowa/Southern Minnesota this week? I'm hoping to hit one or all of the following between today and Friday:
Mason City
Forest City
Albert Lea

I promise I will make it to Highbridge in the first half of 2019 as long as it doesn't implode first. I never made time to make it out to Ozark Mtn and now it is on the way out. I really don't want to miss out on Highbridge, too.

Promise broken. Thankfully I'll get another chance in 2020.

I'm hitting the Milwaukee Madison area this summer if anyone has sage advice....

Dretzka and Brown Deer in Milwaukee are the 2 best. Depending where you're staying I'd highly recommend Silver Fox in Kenosha even though it's a decent way South. Stoney Creek just north of Milwaukee is great too.

Elver,Hiestand, and Vallart-Ast in Madison are all great too. Wilderness is not too far from Madison either and is fantastic.

I'm hitting the Milwaukee Madison area this summer if anyone has sage advice....

Stay away from the course at Lakewood Park, that 6 or 9 hole that uses the brand of baskets with the alien on the top post. I know where the people put in the course in that park, they crammed it in on the end near the two softball/baseball fields when they could have used the park more in the lesser used parts on this one hill above the playground. The Playground used to have the fastest merry-go-round thing I had seen until it got pulled for a ? thing in its spot as well as a metal slide and triangular metal thing, both pulled simply due to age. I do think the Course could have been better built using the upper hill and that wasted flat area by the dumpsters that used to be the Dog area before it got shut down for use as a dog area due to too much unpicked up poop.

^ this course above is in Middleton.

What's the name of the course you're referring to? Alien top baskets? I've probably played it but I'm not sure what one you mean. BTW if you're ever near Marshfield or Steven's point hit me up. I'd be down to meet and play with the man, the myth, the legend that's Casey :thmbup:

Last edited:
I'll be headed back to Highbridge Hills as soon as possible in the spring. There are enough events in 2020 at HH that I shouldn't have to wander too far away from the megaplex, and it will be a very busy season on the hill for me so I will probably not have much time for road trips.

I'll be headed back to Highbridge Hills as soon as possible in the spring. There are enough events in 2020 at HH that I shouldn't have to wander too far away from the megaplex, and it will be a very busy season on the hill for me so I will probably not have much time for road trips.

I have to get up there again this summer. From the pics I seen the place is looking amazing!