• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Who here throws black discs?

i have black challengers, 3 in the bag. i'm not worried about losing them on drives or upshots. it also helps when you have a stack at home.

had some black drivers in the past i really liked. same deal, just throw it and don't be in your head about it. like mashnut said.

discs I have in black:

jk pro aviar-x - stock stamp
kc pro aviar - tournament stamp
kc pro roc - tournament stamp
star teerex - stock stamp
star valkyrie - stock stamp

none are currently in my bag, but the Valk will likely get subbed in and paired with a bright yellow pro because I lost both my thrower valks in trees at a tournament this weekend... on the same hole. 1st throw stuck in a tree. re-tee for three. stuck in another tree. re-tee for five lol.

I have used black discs in the past with no problems. green and brown seem to be the worst to find.

No. I prefer pink but I end up with all sorts of colors. White is great but is worthless in the snow. Bright red and blue are probably second to pink for me. Tye dye and anything super translucent stinks. Bright orange is good but can blend in with brown leaves/ground and is terrible in the fall. Bright green and even day glow yellow are surprisingly terrible in the summer, right now. Brown is the worst color but dark purple, grey, and black are unbuyable imo. I would love if all of my discs were opaque and bright pink.

I carry 2 black volts and 2 black rivals. I throw them anywhere..like mashnut said, if you don't throw it when the shot calls for it, cuz its to easy to lose, you are doing yourself a disservice.

:thmbup:
Black discs work great in the snow. I have not lost one yet.
:thmbup:

I have my own specialized winter discs
Black SS Wizard
Black DX Aviar Beadless
Black DX Ontario Roc
Black DX San Marino Roc
Black DX Rancho Roc
Black DX Flattop Roc
Yet no black drivers (teebird, leopard and destroyer)
*Black Pro Pigs would be a cherry topping for my winter bag*

....and never lost those discs.

I have a black zone in my bag, I rarely throw it where it would get lost as it normally gets me out of the crap.

I too have recently put a black zone in my bag that I've been experimenting FH shots with.

Oh yeah....black Cannon with a sweet Halloween stamp....sometimes tough to find but does fly well.
!

i love black putters all my circle putters are black. I usually carry a black cflx zone. no mids and putters, unless there is snow.

I had a black rampage and a few other black discs that were no harder to find than any other disc. You just have to remember where you throw it lol. It would sometimes be difficult to find it if it's in the rough, but a lot of discs are.

I don't see why you would throw a black driver, or even a black mid, too hard to find. I putt with black McPro Aviars, black putters, are the best putters.

I don't see why you would throw a black driver, or even a black mid, too hard to find. I putt with black McPro Aviars, black putters, are the best putters.

Its not that bad and no different than other colors. I drive with a black driver. You drive, watch where your disc lands instead of worrying what your pal is pulling out to drive and you walk towards your shot. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I have been working on a "black bag". I will only use it on certain courses as it gets really hard to find errant disc. I have one black disc I use all the time. My shock and i cuss it every time it ends up in high grass, but 90 percent of the time it's the greatest disc I have. My white shock just doesn't seem to be the same. I am pretty much a black mid and black long distance driver away. I am thinking of getting a black axis and a black blizzard wraith to complete it out

I have a few black discs including a Flow and Stalker that both get a lot of action. I don't find them any harder to find than dark blue or dark red discs.

I find that darker colored discs in general are harder to find around dusk. Otherwise, they're about the same as any other disc.

I can see plack for putters, but for drivers, no thanks. Green too, for that matter. :\

I have a bunch of black wizards along with a black mamba and a black volt. I have heard everyone tell me that I'm gonna lose these black discs but unless I'm playing in a heavily wooded area when the sun is going down, they stand out quite a bit, I mean black in green shouldn't be too hard to find correct?

I didn't think that I would throw any black discs, either. Then I found a good deal on a black Neutron Axis. Other than not throwing it after the sun is below the horizon, or in dark woods, it is no problem. As someone else said, it is not any worse than dark blue, or something else similarly dark, and the black stands out okay in grass and other light and/or bright backgrounds. Besides, Neutron is shiny enough that any sun at all will reflect making it easier.

Latest posts