• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who is going to 2012 Bowling Green Am Championships.

Also, Daniel Allgeier: 924 Rated AM1 player? This must be you. If not I would like to place a bet, with you, against this Daniel Allgeier, on principle.

Thanks to DGCR and DGR my rating is nowhere close to what it should be (quick improvements and my rating has not caught up)

If Matt Kern hadn't moved up, my money would be on him.

As it turns out, he's busy cashing checks and setting course records.

Hey Dan! Glad to hear you are improving, although I suspect it is more from DGR than DGCR. I may be coming through Louisville the week before BG Ams. We should catch a round together.

-Paul Priest

I played with Matt Kern last year. He is a very good player and he can bomb. A nicer disc golfer I have not met. I was a sad he moved up because he could have been quite competitive this year at BG Ams and I would have loved to play against him again.

Hey Dan! Glad to hear you are improving, although I suspect it is more from DGR than DGCR. I may be coming through Louisville the week before BG Ams. We should catch a round together.

-Paul Priest

I am always willing to play a round. Let me know when you are coming through Louisville and I am sure I will be able to catch a round.

Whiz is going down. Once I get out of this walking boot and get my shoulder rehab done, I'll pull the upset.

I agree completely. F Jebb.
Yes indeed, f me for caring about the Rec and Novice players who have to play on the lesser courses nobody ever appears to take care of. Great way to promote the sport. :wall:

Jebb, I play Rec and the courses were just fine last year.

Here's how I (and presumably most) read your post. If the courses are pristine, then we will be graced by Jebb's presence. It seems to me that you aren't actually worried about Rec and Novice players as much as you are worried about yourself.

On a side note, "F Jebb" was immature. I apologize for that part of the statement.

Yes indeed, f me for caring about the Rec and Novice players who have to play on the lesser courses nobody ever appears to take care of. Great way to promote the sport. :wall:

was there a fairway at the courses with high grass? or just all high grass? sometimes taller areas is considered rough

The last time I came in 2010? it was the 2nd year I had played Rec; both Chalybeate Springs and Basil Griffin were inexcusably unkempt. Basil Griffin was flooded in the amphitheater and with grass uncut (plus the TD showed up 90 mins late), and the grass at Chalybeate Springs was approaching a foot tall in the fairways.

My point wasn't whether or not I will grace BG with my presence, it was that I got a bad impression which didn't really garner any "boy, I can't wait to go back" feelings.

People DO make note of these sort of details - if you could have only been on any of the cards I was playing on you would have gotten the feeling that nobody seemed to care about the 'lesser players' on the 'lesser courses'.

Don't shoot the messenger; this can all be easily fixed with some additional foresight if not already addressed. If I know that all the grass is cut, I would love to come back.

I played at the BG Ams for the first time in rec division last year and the courses all seemed well kept to me. It really is the best tournament for amatuers on the whole schedule.

I've heard bad things about Chalybeate. I'm not really thrilled about playing it, especially if it is in the condition I've heard it is usually kept.

Last year, my biggest complaint was at Basil Griffin and the abundance of people just hanging out on the course. They weren't playing, fishing, walking, etc. They have all rights to be there, but it really takes away from the A-Tier/Biggest Tournament in the World vibe when the course can't even be closed for a few hours at a time.

Needless to say, I am excited about playing.

The last time I came in 2010? it was the 2nd year I had played Rec; both Chalybeate Springs and Basil Griffin were inexcusably unkempt. Basil Griffin was flooded in the amphitheater and with grass uncut (plus the TD showed up 90 mins late), and the grass at Chalybeate Springs was approaching a foot tall in the fairways.

My point wasn't whether or not I will grace BG with my presence, it was that I got a bad impression which didn't really garner any "boy, I can't wait to go back" feelings.

People DO make note of these sort of details - if you could have only been on any of the cards I was playing on you would have gotten the feeling that nobody seemed to care about the 'lesser players' on the 'lesser courses'.

Don't shoot the messenger; this can all be easily fixed with some additional foresight if not already addressed. If I know that all the grass is cut, I would love to come back.

I've heard bad things about Chalybeate. I'm not really thrilled about playing it, especially if it is in the condition I've heard it is usually kept.

I too heard stories bout chalybeate. Me and some buddies went out there in november and it was like a regualr course. Grass was well cut, not a tonage of undergrowth or fallen trees, and not littered everywhere. I don't like how out of the way it is or that there can be a 200 foot hole and your happy with par'ing it. I would rather be at Basil but if it cant be done I would rather be at chalybeate than franklin-simpson. I will try and get out there sometime in the next week or two and see how things are.

all the rec courses were in good shape last year, never really thought about all the people milling around griffin last year but yeah, now that i think about it, there were quite a few "civilians" out there, i remember my card having to try and get some fishermans attention because he was standing directly in the line for the hole with the pad just to the right of the lake. That being said I wish we were playing griffin this year because my best round of the 4 was there....

all the rec courses were in good shape last year, never really thought about all the people milling around griffin last year but yeah, now that i think about it, there were quite a few "civilians" out there, i remember my card having to try and get some fishermans attention because he was standing directly in the line for the hole with the pad just to the right of the lake. That being said I wish we were playing griffin this year because my best round of the 4 was there....

The last year I played at Griffin we had some minor "civilian traffic" delays but I've seen much worse. Last year in Am Worlds they used Genesse Valley(a temp course) for our Semi-Finals, At one point during the round I stood on the Tee for 20 minutes waiting for a break so I could throw. Finally saw an opening and and proceeded to throw OB before the next wave of joggers, walkers & bikers hit. We had three groups on the Tee by that time.

I have played Basil & Chalybeate during the tourney and each time both were in good condition other than the pedestrian traffic at Basil. One year we had to asked a few college sunbathers to relocate slightly one year because bikinis in the middle of the fairway on #4 was distracting - We didn't ask them to move far.

Against my better judgement Ive entered this event, C pool. My goal is to finish the event in one piece and have fun.