• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Why are lid discs taboo?

found this gem from Marty in the Rpro Polecat thread.

Why exactly is the Polecat a "perfect disc to kill a duck?"

I'm glad you asked....

The duck is mesmerized by the glowing suffix rings and natural odor it gives off. When the wind blows in from the South-East you can normally she ducks flying over looking for the polecat as prey.

Since it draws them in on it's own(it's relatively easy), it then releases a chemical gas that seduces the duck to perform sexual favors for you and friends. After this weird act of indulgence, the ducks lose the ability to quack and have strong urges to smoke cigarettes. After years of an unhealthy addiction of tobacco products, most ducks die of lung cancer within 12-15 years.

Leading it to be the perfect disc to kill a duck. :thmbdown:

have love for all the lids.. Rattler and Sonic are my favs but cant hate on the Birdie, Polecat, etc. ... c'mon someone give us a premi plastic lid.. plz!!!

I could care less what someone else throws. Unless its hitting me in the head then I'd prefer a soft vibram or if my doubles partner is throwing stupid discs and not helping the cause.

three putt do you know if the Piranha has the ability to make a comeback?
They did something to that mold, so it does not exist anymore. They would have to want to bring it back and re-create the mold, which is not likely.

The Piranha held the spot in the putter line-up that the Rhyno does now. When they came out with the Rhyno, they retooled the Piranha. The result of the retool was the disc we know now as the Thumtrac® Birdie. The first release of that mold was stamped as the Piranha. It was a lot less overstable than they were looking for evidently.

......and get half way there.

:D

Nah, c'mon. I'll bet that you, MikeC, and several others here could top 300'. Even my little weak *ss arm can get a Polecat out to 225-235 flat ground with consistency (~260' is my personal best).

The heavier Polecats seem to fly more like a golf disc. I have a light one, 103g, that is amazing in how far it will fly. I'm looking for a sub-100g Polecat ... just because it would be fun to throw.

Nah, c'mon. I'll bet that you, MikeC, and several others here could top 300'. Even my little weak *ss arm can get a Polecat out to 225-235 flat ground with consistency (~260' is my personal best).

The heavier Polecats seem to fly more like a golf disc. I have a light one, 103g, that is amazing in how far it will fly. I'm looking for a sub-100g Polecat ... just because it would be fun to throw.

Lightest I've seen (bought it immediately) has been 97g so far.

I was kidding. I know they can go that far.

I was kidding. I know they can go that far.

I knew that, which is why I was betting my money on you!

I'd love to see a big-arm bombing Polecats. Of course, they don't like headwinds but I imagine if one knew how to use 3/4 tailwinds they could fly one of these things into tomorrow.

I knew I'd bring you out with my comment about sub-100g Polecats! :D

I just couldn't resist a chance to throw a nanny-nanny-boo-boo to those looking for double-digit 'kitties!

I couldn't resist and just ordered a few more DX heavies thanks to this thread. At least I am one discount tier higher at DGC now!

I knew that, which is why I was betting my money on you!

I'd love to see a big-arm bombing Polecats. Of course, they don't like headwinds but I imagine if one knew how to use 3/4 tailwinds they could fly one of these things into tomorrow.

.....duh, I didn't even notice that you mentioned me. I only saw Mike C. I need coffee.

last year I asked Dave Dunnipace on the pdga boards about premium plastic lids.

http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1470166&postcount=12872

the response was a bit unsatisfactory

That's a BS answer. I imagine they could add a weighting agent to the Champs to make them in golf weights. I'd be happy with Star since they're already fine.

The effect being the same as DX sounds great. A DX Polecat in a plastic that won't turn into a roller with one good tree hit sounds like a dream.

Latest posts