• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Woodshed vrs Whipping Post

Not closed. Spoke to them today.

Wonderful news. Both are splendid courses in a spectacular setting, and it's quite possible I would visit them again next time I visit my daughter.

By the way John, any update on that course in Cacapon?

Not closed. Spoke to them today.

I kind of wonder if Tim should do something about the review. I would hate to see people miss out on this destination, due to a review that pretty adamantly states the complex is closed. Even suggests the owner has passed. :eek::eek:

As per a review, it looks like Woodshed/Whipping Post are out of business??? Anyone have a bit of inside knowledge to validate if this is true or not.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/reviews.php?id=1910&mode=rev#89372

I kind of wonder if Tim should do something about the review. I would hate to see people miss out on this destination, due to a review that pretty adamantly states the complex is closed. Even suggests the owner has passed. :eek::eek:

Has the review with the misinformation already been pulled? The link takes me to Wolfhey's fine review of the course.

Yes, review with misinformation has been pulled; Whippin' Post and The Woodshed have been brought back to life! :)

So, the (since removed) reviewer drove from out of state to play a course. He didn't confirm with the course owner prior to arriving. Simply taking proper steps, he would have known the status of the course, eliminated any confusion, and had a heck of day playing elite disc golf. Instead, he taught everyone else a valuable lesson.

Ok, I'm old. Tim? Is it not still Spence and Gabby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm old. Tim? Is it not still Spence and Gabby?

Ru4 was referring to DGCR site Owner/ Admin/ "Timg" deleting the review. Not to the folks who own/live at Woodshed & Whipping Post.

So, the (since removed) reviewer drove from out of state to play a course. He didn't confirm with the course owner prior to arriving. Simply taking proper steps, he would have known the status of the course, eliminated any confusion, and had a heck of day playing elite disc golf. Instead, he taught everyone else a valuable lesson.
I have to LOL.

Always make arrangements with the course owner before heading out...just seems like DG101 to me.

Last edited:
Well, since I hijacked the majority of this thread instead of making my own road trip thread I should probably answer the original OP question.

Whipping Post.

But It's pretty damn close. Coin flip really. I had to reread the thread to see if I actually answered the question (I didn't) and realized how helpful y'all were to planning that trip. And a hell of a trip it was :hfive: