• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World Record-Most Holes in 24 Hrs is now 1201!

Donovan

Longview Disc Golf Association (TX)
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Tim Habenicht set the new mark of 1201 around 0705 with 10 minutes left on the clock this morning. I caddied for this Ironman, the last 3.5 hours with his friend Michael. It was completed at Tommy And Sue Brown Park in North Richland Hills, TX.

This guy has run marathons in the past, so if you are thinking about trying to break this mark, keep that in mind. His wife and family were out there cheering him on and taking care of all the background work. I was fortunate enough to be there for the start, the half-way mark, and the finish. Obviously, the Guinness paper work still has to be submitted and approved. They seem to do their video, scoring, and everything else pretty well from what I could see.

CONGRATS to Tim for setting the mark many of us wanted to get in our own attempts.

Wow that's a lot! So to beat that is have to play 135 rounds in 24 hours on a nine hole course. That averages to 5.6 rounds per hour for the entire day. That would be insane!!

Nothing against the guy or his achievement.

But here is my issue, I know the park he did this at. Its a small chip and putt, no holes over 200'.
Are they taking into account the other courses that have been used, the distance of holes?

I would love to see how they calculate the numbers for these as it is a def advantage to use this type of course vs Zboas or any other course with elevation, obstacles, and distance.

Here is the course.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1923&mode=hi

I'm curious at what he shot. Looking at that course I would hope at least -800.

Congratulations Tim!

Oh yeah, and the fact that Donovan helped you speaks well in your favor for the type of ambassador you are/may/will be. We should start a 1,000 hole club w/ shirts, custom discs, or ? Basically because we're badass...

Nothing against the guy or his achievement.

But here is my issue, I know the park he did this at. Its a small chip and putt, no holes over 200'.
Are they taking into account the other courses that have been used, the distance of holes?

I would love to see how they calculate the numbers for these as it is a def advantage to use this type of course vs Zboas or any other course with elevation, obstacles, and distance.

Here is the course.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1923&mode=hi

One Friday, after you get off work, head to the park, and then play 600 holes over 12 hours through the night.

Then re-post. :rolleyes:

It may be that some standard for what counts as a "hole" will have to be enacted eventually, but it's still freaking impressive.

Yeah, the only way you could do something like this would be on an easy course. Congrats!

I played 72 holes yesterday in 3 hours and my shoulder is feeling it today. While it wasn't a complete pitch in putt course that is very impressive

If it existed I would want in the 1000 hole club.

Who all has 1000? Donovan, the 2 guys from MN, Olorin (Lowe), and now Tim? Is that it?

As far as I know, that is correct, with the exception that it was 3 from Minnesota. Maybe TimG can set up an achievement on here for us ;)

You know you are addicted to disc golf, if your goal is to play more than 1000 holes in 24 hours.:thmbup:

Way to go. Interesting achievement. I'm not a world record setting kinda guy so I'd rather play one fun course than the same lame one hundreds of times, but still cool...

Latest posts