• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New World Record- Most Holes Played in 24 hours!

Simply amazing Donovan. You inspire us all and have a feeling a few of us will be trying to beat your record now. Take it easy for the next few days and relax those "Squishy" feet. lol

Okay, nice work Lowe. Amazing. The record of 833 holes lasts forever, then gets broken 3 times in one summer.

The 24 hour marathon was a blast! The weather was almost perfect, and the night time hours couldn't have been better. The half moon really helped visibility. I was really happy to break the 1100 mark. Thankfully my feet are doing pretty well. There's some damage, but I can walk OK.

Most of all I want to thank my wife for being so supportive of this crazy adventure. She cheerfully supported me during my training, and was a great encouragement out at the course. I also couldn't have done it without my caddies. My biggest thanks go to Gary Downs for being at the course from 10:30 p.m. Sat until after 2:00 p.m. on Sunday when he drove me home. My other caddies were Mayo, Haydn (my son), Larry, and Steve. It would not have been possible without them, especially Gary.

I'm also very grateful for the sponsorship of Innova Champion Discs and Black Jax sports. My drivers were Innova Pro Leopards and Black Jax provided night equipment. Black Jax terrapods light up the basket really well.

I also want to say a special word of thanks to Donovan and to Dan and Tom Schnabel. They were extremely helpful in offering advice and giving guidance. Without their help the event wouldn't have gone as well which means that I wouldn't have been able to get in as many holes. They were very generous in answering my questions and helping me prepare. I've got to give Donovan extra thanks for being an inspiration, for blazing the trail, and for all the time he spent on the phone and answering my emails. I can't express how much I appreciate him!

Congrats, Olorin! Well done!

I've had a lot of fun just watching the coverage here of the various record-settings this year. I'm expecting at least one more from some unknown disc golfer this year.

The 24 hour marathon was a blast! The weather was almost perfect, and the night time hours couldn't have been better. The half moon really helped visibility. I was really happy to break the 1100 mark. Thankfully my feet are doing pretty well. There's some damage, but I can walk OK.

Most of all I want to thank my wife for being so supportive of this crazy adventure. She cheerfully supported me during my training, and was a great encouragement out at the course. I also couldn't have done it without my caddies. My biggest thanks go to Gary Downs for being at the course from 10:30 p.m. Sat until after 2:00 p.m. on Sunday when he drove me home. My other caddies were Mayo, Haydn (my son), Larry, and Steve. It would not have been possible without them, especially Gary.

I'm also very grateful for the sponsorship of Innova Champion Discs and Black Jax sports. My drivers were Innova Pro Leopards and Black Jax provided night equipment. Black Jax terrapods light up the basket really well.

I also want to say a special word of thanks to Donovan and to Dan and Tom Schnabel. They were extremely helpful in offering advice and giving guidance. Without their help the event wouldn't have gone as well which means that I wouldn't have been able to get in as many holes. They were very generous in answering my questions and helping me prepare. I've got to give Donovan extra thanks for being an inspiration, for blazing the trail, and for all the time he spent on the phone and answering my emails. I can't express how much I appreciate him!

how did you get sponsorship?

how did you get sponsorship?
I asked Harold Duvall at Innova and the owner of Black Jax just volunteered to give me discs and terrapods when he heard about the marathon.

Mine was June 22 2002 and was therefore never a record. Probably shouldn't be on the list.

Wish I would have paced myself -- I did the first 423 holes in 6 hours. Then broke down physically. I never planned to play past sunset, so at a slower pace I would have had a hard time getting to 833 anyway.

Here's another news article in the News & Observer:

Disc golfer says his 24 hours of play is a record

Good job Lowe. Here are a few observations.

You didn't take the opportunity to promote the Great 8.
You forgot to thank me.
You didn't mention how many aces you had.
You could have played a few more holes if you would have thrown better shots.

Take care, see you somewhere

Here are my stats:

12:00 noon Sat 9/18 to 12:00 noon on Sunday 9/19
1114 holes
123 rounds, plus holes 1-7
2842 throws + 1 penalty = 2843
499 under par
541 Birdies
532 Pars
40 Bogies
1 Double bogey
0 Aces
Most birdied hole = 106 on hole 1
Most parred hole = 100 on hole 6
Most bogied hole = 9 on hole 2
Lowest round score = -8
Highest round score = +4
Penalty strokes = 1. OB in road on hole 6 after a badly shanked drive in round 114

It is Official! LOL
picture.php

Sweet, even if it was beaten not much later you held it man...something 99.something percent of the world can't say.

I am realy wondering what kind of course that must be. On our local course we have no hole under 350 feet, it's all trough the woods and it involves a bit of walking between holes. I can not imagine taking less than 2 hours for 18 holes.

I am realy wondering what kind of course that must be. On our local course we have no hole under 350 feet, it's all trough the woods and it involves a bit of walking between holes. I can not imagine taking less than 2 hours for 18 holes.

Here's the park info. It's a short course that runs in a circle, so no wasted walking between holes.

Latest posts