• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New World Record- Most Holes Played in 24 hours!

Here's the park info. It's a short course that runs in a circle, so no wasted walking between holes.

Lol ok. Average hole lengh 160 feet, that s not a course, that s a approach practice field.

But i guess you have to do it on something like this if you want to shoot for 1000+ holes played in 24 hours.

Makes me wonder though. If i have 2 baskets in my back yard, 50 feet apart, and i play back and forth between them, would that count ?

Just a silly example of course, but there must be a definition somewhere of what is considered a "hole".

I'm glad you all did this, mainly just for the publicity your efforts brought to the sport. Well done everyone.

Lol ok. Average hole lengh 160 feet, that s not a course, that s a approach practice field.

But i guess you have to do it on something like this if you want to shoot for 1000+ holes played in 24 hours.

Criticising a guy who played ANYWHERE for 21 hours = balls. :thmbdown:

Makes me wonder though. If i have 2 baskets in my back yard, 50 feet apart, and i play back and forth between them, would that count ?

Just a silly example of course, but there must be a definition somewhere of what is considered a "hole".

Just go to Kops Park it would be easier and the recognition would be enormous!

Played Kops in the dark two weekends ago. Me and a buddy parred both holes; playing from bucket to bucket. So your top score still stands! :)

Let us know when you go out and play 1003 holes in 24 hours.....until then, why slag on the accomplishment?

Nice work Donovan!!!

I am asking a question. Stop whining. I am not taking away anything from his achievement. I dont think he is so insecure that some random comment on a internet forum will take away his sence of accomplishement.

The question still stands : since the record is for "most holes played in 24 hours", where is defined what counts as a "hole" ?

I am asking a question. Stop whining. I am not taking away anything from his achievement. I dont think he is so insecure that some random comment on a internet forum will take away his sence of accomplishement.

You start off with

Smigles said:

This sets a completely sarcastic and negative tone and implies the accomplishment is somewhat diminished because you judge the course a practice field, and not an actual course.

I jump up to defend the accomplishment and that's whining in your books? Maybe look up some words in the dictionary before you use them there sport.

On top of all that, the accomplishment is recognized by the Guiness Book of World Records....maybe ask them for their definition.

I think it's where you state, "that s [sic] not a course, that s [sic] a [sic] approach practice field," that may have been construed as a slight on the accomplishment.

Just stating the obvious.

EDIT: D'oh! Thumber beat me to it.

I think it's where you state, "that s [sic] not a course, that s [sic] a [sic] approach practice field," that may have been construed as a slight on the accomplishment.

Just stating the obvious.

EDIT: D'oh! Thumber beat me to it.

i had to respond....he called me a whiner

I'm alot of things, but whiner isn't one of them

The question still stands : since the record is for "most holes played in 24 hours", where is defined what counts as a "hole" ?

a "hole" has a teebox, and a basket, and is hopefully connected to at least 8 (or 17) other "holes"

Last edited:
I'm sorry guys, but any "record" set is far too random to be of any value.

In order for anything like this to have any meaning, everyody would have to do it on the same course, or a certain set of parameters must be established before hand.

A minimum length must be agreed upon, plus there needs to be rules established as to the minimum number of holes.

For example, I could easily beat any record by setting up a portable basket with a fly pad 25 feet away, or even better, two fly pads directly across from each other, with the basket in between, and simply throw putts over and over.

Its kind of like aces, without some agreed upon guidelines, what constitutes an ace can cover a wide variety of shots.

A course with long transitions beteen holes would take longer to play. If the tees were right next to each basket, many more holes could be played.

If you didnt have to retrieve your disc from the basket, but instead you could simply run to the next tee, it would mean you could play many more holes in a certain time frame.
Is having a support crew legal ? If someone has a disc ready to throw at each tee, it would save alot of time.

So you just grab a disc, throw it, then a disc is handed to you for the next shot. Somebody else picks up all the thrown discs as you play and sets them up as you need during the rounds.

Bottom line is, the record doesnt mean much to anybody, and could easily be manipulated without a defined set of standards that can be used equally by everyone.

There are some valid points about the needs for standards so the WFDF is working on standardizing the criteria for this record.

For example, it needs to be done on a permanent public course of at least 6 holes. Other nuances are still being finalized.

I think that I remember someone saying that it had to be recognized by the PDGA as an official course. I think Donovan said that was the standards used for the Guiness Book of World Records. I could be wrong though.

like it or not, the man has a point.

'grats anyway again donovan. :thmbup:

The rules are specific. I used the rules of the record to my advantage to accomplish the task. It has to be a permanent course.

Let us know when you go out and play 1003 holes in 24 hours.....until then, why slag on the accomplishment?

Nice work Donovan!!!

LOL, not me...I'll let the younger crowd go do that. I could have gotten 1200 if it wasn't for my damn feet. BUT the real goal is to beat 1114 by Olorin. He rocked it!