• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst person to be stuck playing a round with:

Worst Person to be stuck playing a round with:

• Mr Disc Golf

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • Mr Pre-Putt

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Mr Weed

Votes: 21 12.7%
  • Mr Meltdown

Votes: 45 27.3%
  • Mr Chatterbox

Votes: 12 7.3%
  • Mr Rude

Votes: 50 30.3%

• Total voters
I guess I think its funny because the way that I look , and I have only drank once in my life (I was 16) and I have never smoked weed, ever. Never wanted to. I have never been "high" so I guess I don't know what I am missing, but I am fine with that. I got too much to loose if I ever got caught. I like that fact that I don't know what I am missing, that way I don't crave it.

No one is pressuring you into smoking weed so relax. And if people offer you some and you say no and they look at you funny then who gives a crap. Honestly i'd way rather have kids on the course popping into trees to smoke weed real quick rather than all the douche bags who leave all their cigarette butts on the course and break glass bottles everywhere. I've never seen someone smoking weed who's made a mess of the course because they were smoking.

OK, here's my 2 cents. I was a chronic weed smoker- and loved to smoke when I played. But now that I'm no longer one to partake, I see how foolish some of my behavior had been in the past. What someone does in the privacy of their home, I don't care- but I do get pissed when it's done irresponsibly, for it reflects on US as a community.

I'll give you an example what I mean- at Burke Lake, an extremelly busy, and crowded course that's relatively small, there is no where to smoke on the course. Now if the place is empty, go for it...but if it's the middle of the day and there's a ton of kids, parents and rangers around...use your common sense.

Now Giles Run, down the road, is totally different, as the park is usually pretty empty, except for a small group of disc golfers. Though, now that I think of it, the course is on the grounds of an old prison, which is still patrolled by Wakenhut, and I've seen plenty of cop cars in the parking lot.

What it comes down to, is please use discretion if you choose to light up. And if you think no one can tell when you've lit up on the course, you are wrong. Now that I don't smoke, I can even smell weed when someone has a bag in their pocket!

OK can we have peace now?

one more reason to ignore that idiot..that had to be one of the dumbest statements made in this forum ever..i have never met anyone that plays disc golf, smokes, and is selfish

seriously. you usually find out people smoke by them offering you some.

id say #3 cause he usally tends to be #s 4/5/6/ too.

I was watching this tourney and feldburg takes 30 seconds going through is routine then realizes hes got something on his shoe so he walks down the hill wipes his foot off walks back up gos through his routine again then dinks a 15 foot putt , then after all that i guess he through off his partner too cause avery blows it as well.

i think those stutter putters and drivers spread their ticks to everyone .

I hope you've also gotten to see at least one of the roughly 500,000 15 footers that Dave and Avery HAVE made.:)

What about Mr. I used to play tournaments when I was younger but now I'm awful and blow up when offered any kind of constructive criticism?

(my roommate) :)

Yeah I hear ya but weed and mother nature go hand and hand. I hate playing with boozers and cig smokers but the reefer gives me an advantage cause my competition is baked out of their mind. haha

Both of these seem really stupid when you read either one of these posts. Smoking weed is fine, as long as you do not hurt anyone else i.e. throwing a disc stupidly at someone, or driving when you are f***ed up. But, most pot smokers mean you no harm, Jesus (fun statement to say). Just relax and play for youself, who gives a flying F*** what someone else does

It's okay. at least Jesus is banned now, now for the other guy to not be such an idiot.
I've never met a "selfish" pot smoker. I, like Midnight, constantly decline when asked if I want some. I don't ever have them look at me badly though, and that sucks that you get that midnight. There is really only one person in my area that gets completely baked as well, everyone else just takes a draw every few holes and none of them are the "Duuuuuude" type.

Mr. "I can never locate my disc even when its on the fairway" is pretty annoying.

I had to play behind a guy (league) the other day that cut in front of us. One rec guy that would walk with his head down and looking at the ground. When he threw, he instantly turned around and picked up his discs, did not even look where the disc went. We were so angry by the end of that round, because in front of him was mr. PrePutt for 5 minutes every throw...

I think that all of these stereo-typed classes are annoying.

Mr Disc golf: Most of us go out do not want to be told how to play. I mean we made it to the course and have our own disc what makes you think you can teach anyone anything. Now go throw your disc and leave us alone.

Mr Pre-Putt: Not everyone has 4 hours to play so speed it up a little so we can finish this round already.

Mr Weed: Keep it out of sight nobody will bitch if they don't know what you are doing. Remember to respect everyone around you, those kids across the park are wondering what you are passing around the fairway. Lastly come find me cause I could use a toke.

Mr Meltdown: Find Mr Weed and take a toke and chill man. It is a game and most people play game to relax from the stresses of life not have new stresses added to their day.

Mr Chatterbox: We all know you enjoy the sound of your voice but the rest of us have started to get tired of it at this point so please quiet down when somebody is throwing.

Mr Rude: If you can't stop your behavior you will have nobody that wants to play with you. You may think it funny or something be remember you are not alone but you could be so chill.

I am a stoner that smokes on my way to the course and sometimes carries. Though you will never find me on a fairway with pipe. I may roll a joint but it will look like a cigarette so from more than 30' you won't be able to tell the difference. I will not frown upon you Midnight but don't judge my behavior as it doesn't effect you.

Lastly I would like to make the comment that we are quick to judge others behavior while at the same time do not take the time to judge our own. Personally I tend to talk to much but will stop when asked and try to remember not to talk to people that are currently throwing.

Last edited:
I had to play behind a guy (league) the other day that cut in front of us. One rec guy that would walk with his head down and looking at the ground. When he threw, he instantly turned around and picked up his discs, did not even look where the disc went. We were so angry by the end of that round, because in front of him was mr. PrePutt for 5 minutes every throw...

Wow. i did the look away on a bad drive once or twice and felt like an ass for making people help me find it. how the hell can you do that regularly? seems like you'd have to lack all common sense and courtesy.

mr. chuck and duck now gets my vote.

Mr. "I can never locate my disc even when its on the fairway" is pretty annoying.

lol agreed...although i think i used to be one of these guys bc i am color blind and cant see a red disc in green grass...the reason why i have no red discs anymore

I hate the getting stuck behind the group of 6 high school kids that each have only 1 disc that cant throw more than 20 feet in front of them, and when they arent throwing they are on their damn cell phone!!!

there is this guy my friend brings sometimes... and it is always an adventure so to speak. He will do things during the round like when other golfers are close enough to speak to, he will tell them how good he is and that he once finished 3rd in the state tournament... back in 91. while waiting for a group to tee off he will make a comment after each player throws. like that was a good one. or that throw wasn't worth a crap. in the same tone like he is a commentator on tv and he is saying these things like he is just talking to us but they are standing a few yards away. You should hear what he says when non golfers are in the way. he will tell them " Don't you know you are sitting in my fairway?" or "one of my discs could crush your kids skull and just might kill him"

It's okay. at least Jesus is banned now, now for the other guy to not be such an idiot.
I've never met a "selfish" pot smoker. I, like Midnight, constantly decline when asked if I want some. I don't ever have them look at me badly though, and that sucks that you get that midnight. There is really only one person in my area that gets completely baked as well, everyone else just takes a draw every few holes and none of them are the "Duuuuuude" type.

There is actually a huge tournament coming up, and I am not going to play in it because I know this course and its known for a lot of pot smoking. It sucks that I can't go enjoy a good tournament, but I don't want to deal with the bull crap.

I hate the getting stuck behind the group of 6 high school kids that each have only 1 disc that cant throw more than 20 feet in front of them, and when they arent throwing they are on their damn cell phone!!!

aaaahhh! where is "mr. talk on his cell-phone about nothing for three holes with his girlfriend while we're trying to play doubles, and doesn't even take the phone away from his ear to throw and i'm his partner"? grrrrrr... :mad:

thats been the most annoying for me...

Latest posts