• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

XXX

rusch_bag said:
I have had mine in my bag for a week or 2 now and man this thing is crazy overstable. It tries to land completely vertical every time which has led to me getting some weird bounces and skips. I am slowly starting to figure it out and like it more and more as I continue to throw it. It is for sure the most overstable disc I have thrown.

I have been playing a ton the past few days and throwing this thing more and more. It has lost some of its stability, but it is still really overstable. I am really diggin it.

ya, when i got mine, i was a little put off by how truly overstable it starts out, i couldnt throw it FH very well, after a few weeks of patience and thumbers (lots of thumbers) it beats in nicely, but retains its overstablility

Spinach D said:
I think I'm going back to DX and KC Whippets. I get a lot more use out of them.

I am in that exact same boat. My dx whippets do everything I want the xXx to do and they're longer for me b/c they aren't so insanely overstable for so long. Plus, both of my aces are with them, so I'm a little biased :mrgreen:

Mason65 said:
Spinach D said:

What do you want for your XXX's?

I'm not gonna trade it. I often pull discs off the shelf a year later and like them. If anything else I'd give it to my buddy that was crushing thumbers with it (he has no other shots).

rooneytunes said:
Spinach D said:

I am in that exact same boat. My dx whippets do everything I want the xXx to do and they're longer for me b/c they aren't so insanely overstable for so long. Plus, both of my aces are with them, so I'm a little biased :mrgreen:

Exactly. I'm not how I got away from throwing Whippets.

I got myself new XXX with moderate dome, I mean really little dome. I saw other XXX that was FLAT but was curious to try little dome.

Damn, I almost got an ACE doing an Flex. It's so easy to flex it and gives me an awesome S-Curve line. It also gives me deep short Hyzer to get out of trees and it worked perfectly. My favorite flexing disc in my bag. I normally test them for couple rounds but it already met my other friends in my bag.

So is this correct

Longest OS disc
Flick
Pred
XXX
Firebird

Most Stable
XXX
Flick
Firebird
Pred

Best for Thumber Distance???
XXX

Best for Forehand disc???
Predator?

elnino said:
So is this correct

Longest OS disc
Flick
Pred
XXX
Firebird

Most Stable
XXX
Flick
Firebird
Pred

XXX

Best for Forehand disc???
Predator?

The Flick is not truly that overstable, especially at high speeds, so it would be the least stable of those. Also, best FH disc is totally subjective to the thrower. I'll agree with the rest of your assessment. Those pesky domey 12x Firbirds are also literally changing the way the Firebird is viewed among newer players as well. When I think FBs, I will always be thinking about the flat ones of the past that are total pigs.

I threw another killer forehand roller today with the XXX, and a bombing overhand shot. I also threw a nice short hyzer where I needed some left movement into a hurting wind from the left.

I don't bust the XXX out every round, but when I need it, it performs exactly like I want it to.

Timko said:
I threw another killer forehand roller today with the XXX, and a bombing overhand shot. I also threw a nice short hyzer where I needed some left movement into a hurting wind from the left.

I don't bust the XXX out every round, but when I need it, it performs exactly like I want it to.

I know what you mean. The XXX has got my back. Since its been in my bag I've nabbed some sick par saves by pointing it at a gap high or low, FH or BH, punching it and letting it do its thing. On a good day I may only throw it once or not at all, but when things get ugly (my drives or the weather), I'm glad I'm packing the XXX.

I described the forehand roller hole in an earlier post, but it's basically a shot I throw LHFH that's a really difficult anhyzer/turnover/whatever. If I threw RHFH, I would throw it on this hole. I was describing the line I was going to throw to my friend I was playing with, and the XXX flew (or rolled) exactly like I described.

The overhand was a save 4 shot on a difficult par 3. It's like this thing is the true definition of a utility disc for me.

elnino said:
XXX

Still debating this one. My 11x FBs are still right there with it. However, the xXx does have a bit of a slower flip, so I can see the extra distance potential, but it's just not there for me.

My local PIAS has some mustard yellow Opto XXX's @ 171gs.

They've been sitting there for a while and I'm wondering if there's something wrong with them, like they were a freak run and don't fly like a typicall XXX. Has anyone thrown these?

Latest posts