• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] your 2017 wish list

zendragon

* Ace Member *
This year we saw MVP really fill out the line up. There are still a few gaps people mention, namely a truly OS mid and putter. What would you like to see most though? Are you happy with the discs and just want more plastic options? Or is there a gap you want to see filled?

Personally, I would love to see a more stable Relay and an OS Envy. Between the two, I don't think I would need a true OS mid.

I also want to see glow Axiom. I haven't played nightgolf in over a year, but it would still be nice to have.

Move Fission tech down to mids and give us noodle arms a real 155-165 alternative.

I agree with this.
I've clowned on MVP a lot, but they finally made a truly flippy disc, the orbital. Very impressed with this disc.

Make more 160g or less discs. Make more flippy discs. Make more dead-straight discs.

I feel like their Mids are their weakest disc. So I think they need to either revamp their older molds or make new ones. I'd like to see a matrix feeling disk in different stabilities.

Agreed that the mid lineup needs most work, as I never really clicked with the tangent/alias/theory-class. I think it's the small diameter that makes the difference, could never get them to perform all the shots I can get out of the Axis/Vector. Axis has the straightest, most beautiful flight ever, Vector is reliability molded in plastic.

So my wishes:
Light weights, more plastics for Axis and Vectors. Keep the Axis like the flat neutrons, and the Vectors as OS as possible.
A really (-2-3) understable mid w same core as Axis/Vector
If none of the above are possible for some reason - retool or make some new, wider diameter mids - some of us love'em! :)
Electron everything - and preferably a slightly stiffer version for mids/drivers
Spin in something other than Electron (and a Spin-like putter based on the Envy/Proxy-core for the Trump-fisted :D)
A Super-OS putter would be nice - I liked the Envy but not enough difference in flight from a fresh Ion to bother carrying it.
That's it really - I guess there's room for some even higher speed drivers, but I wouldn't now how to use them so...

#1 request from me is an Axiom Spin-equivalent that sits alongside the Proxy and Envy with their thinner profile. Neutron, Soft Neutron, and Plasma plastics.

I think they'll give Axiom four 23mm's -- "seasoned"/tweener flights of the MVP 23mm class.

I agree their mids could use some work. A more understable Theory might be nice. The Spin kind of works for that but also not really. They seem to have figured something out with the Matrix. The Tensor is 12mm and has a more OS rim shape, so there is room for a more OS Matrix in the 13mm class. I just want it not to have a bead.

A more OS Envy would be great too.

I think they'll come out with a 25-30 capacity backpack. Their Voyager they call a medium bp, so they know there is room for a bigger one.

I can see room in the mids for the most expansion. My favorite mid is the Theory though.

I also agree on a Spin like putter for Axiom, with the Envy/Proxy core. I would like a premium plastic option as well with it. I think if they also do an Envy OS, they would have a very complete lineup on the Axiom side of putters.

On that thought, it would also be interesting to get an OS mid from Axiom to pair with Alias/Theory.

On that thought, it would also be interesting to get an OS mid from Axiom to pair with Alias/Theory.

They would have to. The way they organize their models in each class, they only like to have one model of each stability. They already have "overstable" for the MVP 12mm and 13mm. They have no mids more stable than the Alias ("Straight-Stable") for Axiom. They also only have the two 12mm mids for Axiom... it's in need of expansion and they can make super OS 12mm and 13mm mids there to fill their gaps. Likewise, a more understable mid than the Theory would have to go into the MVP lineup or as a 13mm for Axiom. Unless they decide to start overlapping stabilities in the same mm class in the same brand, or come out with a new stability label like "Utility Overstable", but I feel like they'd want to keep it simpler for now.

FIRM Electron (with the Proxy being the first mold released in it)
Lid - an overmold fastback would be the bees knees
Mini molds like the Mini Buzzz
A return to the stiff Neutron of old

Envy OS
Proxy US
Baseline/midgrade drivers-love my premium plastic but they season so freakin slow
Matrix US-this mold feels freakin buttery smooth in the hand on both FH and BH and is a great go-to stability, it would be great it they did something like the Buzzz SS and OS (not with the names but similar hand feel and different flight)
That's about all I got

A return to the stiff Neutron of old

Ah one can only dream of the good old days. I have bitched about that for years but it seems like we are the odd ones.

Id just like a consistent blend from neutron to plasma. The no dome on some plasma vs others makes no sense and the fact the two plastics nearly feel and perform the same is weird too. Fission has become their best new plastic and maybe of any company to come out in a while.

- Electron Proxy (I'd like to audition one for putting duties)

- Electron Vectors (Curious to see how they'd cycle)

- Eclipse everything

- More OS putter based on the Envy core

- Run every MVP disc in the semi-soft Neutron blend they use for Wraths, Insanity and other Axiom driver molds.

Can't think of much else from them at the moment. I'm sure they have some ideas in the works that'll surprise me, but off the top of my head thats what I could see making it into my bag as far as new releases go. I'm very happy with my current line-up and I don't feel like I have any holes running all MVP/Axiom.

Mids are the only slots in my bag currently still in a little flux. If they come out with an overstable Verdict-like mid, especially in a slightly more durable Electron blend, I'd definitely give it a whirl. I'd probably try a Matrix in Neutron as well (I'm guessing that's far more likely).

Latest posts