• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Your best disc "discovery" of 2016.

Could be an old school mold. Could be something brand new for the year. Or perhaps one you have been hearing about the last year or two and just haven't gotten around to trying it until this year. What is your favorite find for 2016.

By far it is the Harp for me. Never got the gator, zone, pig, drone to work how I wanted. The harp is an absolute staple for my bag now, it has the exact flight out of an overstable approach disc I wanted.

Bt hard harp at the beginning of the year, p-line p2 over the summer, and demon and h3 this fall.

I added alot of new discs this summer. I got p2s because i could get them for less than warlocks. Still not sure about the h3

Zone. Got rid of pig, rhyno, Jokeri, harp, suspect. Perfect height and rim width for me. Have a slightly beat ESP 172g for regular days and a fresh TI FLX 175g for wind.

Hornet. Got rid of roc3, wasp, gator, buzzz os, and drones. Hornet was everything I wanted my buzzz to do if it were overstable. This is hands down my best "Discovery" of 2016!

Plasma anode. I'm great with the putter BH shots off the tee and this thing is -nasty-.

I already loved extra-beefy star destroyers but some of these new shimmer star ds are the best drivers I've held since the first star discs.

Would have to go with a zone also. Used to throw puddle topped esp zones but those were so glideless and a one trick pony and they fell out of my bag. Yet with the improvement in my forehand and my new found love of forehand approach shots coupled with getting my hands on a Z-Zone suddenly there was a click. Now a forehand upshot with my Z-zone is my most common approach.

For me, MVP's 23mm distance drivers...finally some MVP drivers with actual dome! Thought hell would freeze over first.

It's hard to chose as the Compass, Culverin and Cutlass all made my bag this year as did the adjusted GL Spark, All four are great discs too, but standing above them for me is the Longbowman. It just gives me so much confidence that it will do exactly what I expect every time. So yeah, the Longbowman would have to be my best discovery for the year. Maybe when a couple of them beat in properly the GL Spark will become redundant but so far there's room for both...

It's gotta be the Culverin, hands down. As all Trilogy players, I was sorely missing the Thunderbird slot in my bag. The introduction of Culverin, Longbowman and Convict immediately gave us quite a few good options.

Out of the three, the Culverin was the one I clicked with immediately. It has the most glide and stays straight the longest. Still can handle some power and mild headwind. For more beef, I've already got Felons.

Interesting to see how the bag evolves next year since there is definitely some overlapping between beat in Culverins and newer Saint Pros.

Couldn't say it better. It became a staple day 1, and mine has seasoned beautifully. Looking to add a heavier fresh one as the fall winds blow.

Wizard.

I tried a lot of new discs this year. In years past I didn't get much. I just threw whatever I always had. A lot of those new discs are mainstays in my bag (resistor, envy, teebird to name a few), but wizards revoltionized my game. Anything under 250 is now a putter shot for me. If it's nice and open I can push them farther. And my personal circle went from 'how did I miss that 10 foot putt' to confidently putting out to say 40. Not necessarily making them at a high percentage out there, but I'm going for them.

Discraft- Avenger SS- lost a DX/flippy one, bought another in Star type plastic, It is now my go to driver for straight/tunnel shots, hyzer flips, and Anni lines- it just glided partially downhill today for about 375 ft, fairly accurately.

Discraft- Avenger SS- lost a DX/flippy one, bought another in Star type plastic, It is now my go to driver for straight/tunnel shots, hyzer flips, and Anni lines- it just glided partially downhill today for about 375 ft, fairly accurately.

I bagged a flx ss avenger for a long time. It got too flippy this year and I never replaced it. I really should.

Embraced some older trilogy molds.
Warship- straight woods mid distance
Escape- even more straight woods distance
Harp- money dudes, just money

Westside TP Giants, for me it is one of those sneaky long discs. I have tried a bunch of new molds moving to a more or less all Triology bag. BT Hard Harp is also one of those discs that I got and straight out of the box made the bag. :)

Kastaplast K3 Berg!
This disc is money for my Forehand Approach Shots. Just yesterday I hit a 80-feet putt forehand in a tournament saving me a birdie. And about 80% of my Forehand Approches (from 140' and lower) land within the circle.

The Comet. Found one in the weeds at my local course, threw it for laughs and it found a spot in the bag.

Latest posts