• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your best wind disc?

Someday a noob is gonna take you seriously and get him/herself into all kinds of trouble. ;)
$200 Steady Ed Memorial putter all the way. Ed's remains tame the wind like nothing else.

Driver: X-Cal (pretty much my go to max distance driver anyway)
Midrange: Discraft XL (never my FLX Buzz after that one time;))
Putter: Hard Aviar P&A (thrown flat, straight and low; very little loft or hyzer)

Groove all the way for my in to the wind throws.

Aviar driver for putts

I never really liked the Groove for into the wind drives. The wind wouldn't necessarily turn it over, but it sure would push it off course and it would just keep drifting further and further away until the very end when it would have a small fade, but not nearly enough to get it back on line.

Into wind:
Long Driver: Surge or Surge SS
Short Driver/Mid: XL (the workhorse of discs!)
Shorter Upshots: big bead Aviar

Just got through reading on Disc Golf Center, and it says that the Destroyer is a great disc for advanced players throwing into the wind The flight rateing is -1 / +4

some people can't turn over certain discs that others can..some people say beasts and wraiths are stable...i do not...different strokes for different folks

Xcals are easy to throw in wind.
If that's too much, a new TeeRex should do the job.
Firebirds for more control
Drone or pig for approach

some people can't turn over certain discs that others can..some people say beasts and wraiths are stable...i do not...different strokes for different folks
The old/original mold Beasts were more stable than the current "L" type mold.

Into the wind I like my wraith.
With the wind behind me I like my kite. It just glides forever.
I have a 178 Aero I putt with in the wind. It goes exactly where I want.

Latest posts