• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Zombee - New name for the 2012 Ace Race disc

From what I can tell, the Long Range Drivers are sorta the wierd tweener discs, between the midranges and fairways.

Extra Long is regular fairways/control drivers.

Maximum is distance.

So,

Long=5-6

Extra=6-8

Maximum=9+

If you wanted to go by Innova's numbers.

Its just discraft's nonsensical categorization of drivers based on distance. It goes Long Range Driver, Extra Long Range Drivers, then Maximum Distance Drivers. My suspicion is they called their drivers "Long Range Drivers" at first, then when they got faster, they created a new category to differentiate from a marketing standpoint, and so on and so on.

Makes sense now. I kinda thought it was something like that. Thanks, guys!

I just got out club discs in

there are some very sweet looking flat buzzzes

including some pearly greens

edit: pointless post but in relation a "new" "flat" buzzz

Maybe they're bringing back the Shadow and the Venom?!!?

On another note, I kinda like the font on the new Zombee production runs. In my opinion, it's a pretty decent disc for new players. I usually let my friends who are new to the game use it as their primary driver when I'm playing with them (as I don't throw them myself). Since it's got a cool stamp and the currently-popular Zombie Connection, I bet it sells well to a lot of new players. They could do a lot worse than picking up a Z Buzzz and a Z Zombee to start playing with, that's for sure. I bet it outsells Blizzard Bosses for new players 2 or 3 to 1.

Maybe they're bringing back the Shadow and the Venom?!!?

On another note, I kinda like the font on the new Zombee production runs. In my opinion, it's a pretty decent disc for new players. I usually let my friends who are new to the game use it as their primary driver when I'm playing with them (as I don't throw them myself). Since it's got a cool stamp and the currently-popular Zombie Connection, I bet it sells well to a lot of new players. They could do a lot worse than picking up a Z Buzzz and a Z Zombee to start playing with, that's for sure. I bet it outsells Blizzard Bosses for new players 2 or 3 to 1.

Yes. Having played 2 Ace Races last year, I can say I did enjoy the low amount of turn AND fade the Zombee offers. Good straight flying disc for all levels of play.

A new flat buzzz would be pointless, most Z buzzz are already flat, its actually rare to get a domey one. I could see them bringing out a wasp tooled buzzz but only for limited run for a special event.

Just took my two AR Zombees out for some field work. I forgot how much I loved these discs. They have insane glide, and are very easy to throw. I'd recommend this disc to beginners, and pros alike.

If the new run molds up the same as the AR version, I may have to pick up a couple more.

Latest posts