• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2014 Tourney Videos

I've only been filmed once (2012 Huk Central, Round 1) and I looked like a goon the whole time. Never realized how ugly my throw was until I saw that video. "Wow, is that how I look every time I throw?" "Yea, we can recognize you from halfway across the course..."

QUOTE]The camera does not lie! (I tried to spruce up your form in the editing room but of course this is not possible!). Sorry Todd! :p

Saturday- 4th card

Saturdays top cards were pretty much booked solid video coverage so I went back a couple cards & found these guys! :hfive:

Anyway, a little trove of videos that escapes the usual english based YTube search for "Disc Golf"
Anyone know much about the source team? Any crossover with the lgcm group?

Hey, I'm the guy who does the Finnish language voice overs and also plays in a couple of the videos. The dread lock guy, as someone already pointed out. Some might know me as the PDGA Country Coordinator for Finland. I have not done any professional voice over or commenting, it's just some fun stuff to fiddle with.

The filming and editing is done by a club mate of mine, Juhana Pitkänen (loksupoksu). He does some professional photography of other sports but disc golf is a hobby for him too.

And that's the entire team.

There is no actual crossover with lcgm8 team, but obviously we know each other and talk about video stuff every once in a while.

Would you guys want us to try and get english commentary on one of the coming videos?

Hey, I'm the guy who does the Finnish language voice overs and also plays in a couple of the videos. The dread lock guy, as someone already pointed out. Some might know me as the PDGA Country Coordinator for Finland. I have not done any professional voice over or commenting, it's just some fun stuff to fiddle with.

The filming and editing is done by a club mate of mine, Juhana Pitkänen (loksupoksu). He does some professional photography of other sports but disc golf is a hobby for him too.

And that's the entire team.

There is no actual crossover with lcgm8 team, but obviously we know each other and talk about video stuff every once in a while.

Would you guys want us to try and get english commentary on one of the coming videos?

Yep, I wouldn't mind seeing one or two videos with English. Even if it's subtitles... I watch your videos a lot and really appreciate the quality. I like how the Finnish language sounds so I don't even bother muting them, but I do often wonder what you guys are saying. I like watching Pasi Koivu, Juho Parvianen, Jalle Stoor, etc play. If the commentary includes things like the shots the players are throwing and little intricacies about the hole being played that are not obvious in the video (fast green, elevation changes, etc) then that would definitely add to the overall experience. Especially for those of us that have never played the courses over there and our only exposure to the course is the video we're watching.

Thanks for the knowledge!

By the way, the video that has the intro music that ends when the players earbuds are popped out - that was a genius transition!

Yes please, I would very much like english commentary and/or subtitles. You're coverages are top shelf. and a big Thanks for all the effort.

I've been spoiled with tourney goodness today: the McFly video posted above

The North Alabama Disc Golf Mango Classic FPO round 2:

And Will posted up his 3rd round from the Volunteer Classic:

2014 South Florida Open: Round 2 (Dollar, Jervis, McCray, Longerbone, Heimburg)

I've played with Brice Longerbone several times, he's a nice guy and plays so consistent. He had a bad round in this video, overall he finished tied for 4th.