• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

Hearing of people crushing the pro's... makes me wonder when the dust of this whole "wider, faster" driver battle settles, what will end up being the driver for big D... not to be confused with Big D in the desert.

Yeah, Pro Destroyers = teh hotness

There's almost no reason for them to make it in a different plastic.

My pros only last a few months before getting too flippy. Echo* seem to be the best Destroyer out there.

juju said:
My pros only last a few months before getting too flippy. Echo* seem to be the best Destroyer out there.

You're not supposed to use 'em as putters. :-b :mrgreen:

juju said:
Nope. I use a champion boss for all my putting duties.

In that case, you might want to switch to the R-Pro Boss for putting. It grabs the chains better and has better glide. ;)

Hmmm... I wonder how it'd fly if you took an R-Pro Boss and grind/cut the edge until the rim width is the same as an Aviar...

booter said:
any place you can see them in person.

We have only a few store where I live and scattered around the country so it's rather expensive to drive around in the quest for a holy flat top destroyer ;)

well it'll be more expensive buying randomly online til you find some. Srsly,if you order anywhere looking for flat destroyers. Call or email them first and tell them that's what you want. I've seem the destroyers vary in dome in shops so it's not gonna be easy to just hope one is gonna be flat. Alot of the old runs were flat and it wasn't that hard.most nrew ones on avg hav a moderate dome.

booter said:
well it'll be more expensive buying randomly online til you find some. Srsly,if you order anywhere looking for flat destroyers. Call or email them first and tell them that's what you want. I've seem the destroyers vary in dome in shops so it's not gonna be easy to just hope one is gonna be flat. Alot of the old runs were flat and it wasn't that hard.most nrew ones on avg hav a moderate dome.

You are right I´ve already started asking around for the flat ones from stores. My question was more about if someone would've already known for sure where to find them easilly.

Kamehame said:
booter said:

You are right I´ve already started asking around for the flat ones from stores. My question was more about if someone would've already known for sure where to find them easilly.

Yes. I can pick out flat ones for you from CDGS (see the link in my signature). Just PM me if you are interested.

Hey so bringing this back. I am still learning destroyers but have been throwing them lately and loving them. What type of destroyer should I look for that throws like the first runs but don't cost nearly as much?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have been throwing the s/ds destroyers that a lot of the pros seem to be throwing lately and i am loving them. I put one in my bag at first to just cover the windy distance drive shots, but they are slowly taking more and more shots away from my nuke. So much more consistent and goes just as far. At the tournament today actually, my destroyer got thrown 7 times and my nuke 0. I picked up two more with some of the funny money I got.

Frank Delicious said:
Hey so bringing this back. I am still learning destroyers but have been throwing them lately and loving them. What type of destroyer should I look for that throws like the first runs but don't cost nearly as much?
I've had 3 first runs, they were all flatter and very gummy. What is it that you like about them?

I got two *D stars when the Destroyer first came out, and they are flatter like the first runs, but not gummy. They pretty much fly the same way, they are good in the wind. Don't know if all *D are like that or not, or how you can find them.

The Echo's are the best disc, but I suppose it depends on how you're using them. They are a good blend of glide and speed, and they are very consistent even in the wind. I use Pro's because I need them to beat in a little quicker, but I plan on switching to Echo's after I get through the Pro's I have.

I love the flatness and gumminess in them. They also seem to lose their HSS quicker than any star destroyer I've tried which I like a lot. All the normal star destroyers I've thrown have taken forever to beat in.

I'll have to start tracking down the flat echos b/c all the ones I've had have been domey.

I think those are called mildly domey 12x star Wraiths. :p

No, my Echo's aren't really flat, they're somewhere in between that First Run I sold you and a Pro...not quite poppy top, but definitely have some dome. There's really nothing like a first run if you want flat AND gummy.

All the DX's I've had have been flat, they get some nice turn pretty quickly.