• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A question for you Destroyer throwers...

Got a 171g FR Destroyer from a friend.
IMG_1809.jpg
IMG_1813.jpg

Is this rarer or something because of the red circles?
Not selling it but just out of curiosity, what's it worth?

I was skimming eBay a few days who and saw some champ destroyers in the 163-166 range and don't remember seeing them that light. I was curious about the dome and got a chance to feel one this weekend. Super flat and kind of gummy...didn't get a chance to throw it though.

need to find some of my fave bomber champ destroyers, they were tfrs 168g or 169g stiff with dome(and glide) like a Pro Destroyer, slower than a FR but great glide and stable enough for moderate winds, did i mention the glide 8)

I bought an x out 168 from dgv maybe 3 years ago that sounds like what you're talking about. Once it broke in it flew really nice. I've thought about mailing them and asking if they had any left but am hesitant with everybody saying their account info has been getting jacked.

RobD said:
Vulcan top+destroyer bottom= Archon.....99% sure of this
Nope. Vulcan top + Wraith bottom = Archon. That is why the protos have VW written on the underside.

I don't have the time or the inclination to read through all the content here, just stumbled across this and posted what I was told by a pro this weekend. Hope the world doesn't end cause I made a mistake on a message board post

I'm not a big Destroyer thrower, and I don't usually throw base plastic, but I have a 167 DX Destroyer that was one of my first discs ever. I pulled it from obscurity yesterday, made some POST PRODUCTION MODIFICATIONS (tuned it to make it more stable) and pegged a basket from 380'. It was still stupid fast for having nicks in the rim and stupid straight after the bending. I might be convinced that a DX Destroyer is worth having around.

Funny thing is that Destroyers actually mold up well in DX and when they break in they get big D. If you wack a lot of trees (why are you throwing a destroyer?) they will get trashed pretty fast but skips and landings don't beat them up that badly. Destroyers are one of the few high speed drivers that work well in DX well at least until the moment they break in too much.

I think the thing about DX Destroyers is that the Pro ones are only a couple bucks more a disc and with that you get the added durability of Pro at the speed at I throw them the DX's will nick up and chip on rough ground or small rocks, which can get annoying. Plus as we all know the Pro's are notorious bombers. The DX's are fun to throw though I have one that's the domiest disc I own goes for days when I get a hold of it.