• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR's Discraft Pipe Dreams

What would you like to see new from Discraft in '09?

• >1.7 driver

Votes: 24 13.7%
  • < 1.6 driver

Votes: 50 28.6%
  • mid-range

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • putter

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • models in different plastics

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • bring back an old model

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • more 150 class

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • glow discs

Votes: 29 16.6%

• Total voters
rehder said:
I think that Discraft doesnt get enough credit for the x-line Avenger, I think its a very good disc and it should deserve some more love on these forums.

do you throw them?

rehder said:
I think that Discraft doesnt get enough credit for the x-line Avenger, I think its a very good disc and it should deserve some more love on these forums.

I didn't like the feel of the bottom of the rim on the Avenger line. Not saying it was bad, but that's a reason I stopped throwing them. It didn't help that the different plastics came out in different stabilities. Nice of Discraft to mention that, but didn't change the fact.

Not to mention that the Avenger is touted by Discraft as a "Maximum Distance Driver", and even the Z supposedly has a "straight, extra long flight". Here we are calling it a fairway driver...I'd be pretty disappointed if I expected my Avenger to be a "Maximum Distance Driver". The X ones may be nice, but I agree that the whole mold/place in Discraft's lineup is cloudy to me at best.

the avenger is like a longer teebird to me.. Its a good long straight disc

I didn't like the feel of the bottom of the rim on the Avenger line. Not saying it was bad, but that's a reason I stopped throwing them. It didn't help that the different plastics came out in different stabilities. Nice of Discraft to mention that, but didn't change the fact.

heh... every disc has different stability across different plastics for the most part.

the x avenger is definitely a distance driver. originally it was a wildcat/predator hybrid that happened to be longer than the wildcat and predator. the final mold was then fine-tuned to have a slightly different shape (and be straighter).

the z avenger sapped the glide and shortened it, turning it more into a moderately overstable driver than a super fast disc.

i agree that labelling anything "maximum" in a field with constantly evolving technology is just a lack of foresight. innova's system used to be long range driver, very long range driver, ultra long range driver, etc. and i was rather bummed that there was no omega supreme range driver before they simply changed stuff to fairway driver/distance driver.

i threw x avengers for a while but their break-in was too whacky. z avengers are solid but i wanted something that accelerated more when it would fade.

Jerrod said:
on sale at GGGT even, http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/dga-reef-p-289.html

Thanks for the heads up I ended up ordering a bunch of these. Hopefully these will feel/work the same way as my old APX's

JKP said:
the avenger is like a longer teebird to me.. Its a good long straight disc

I agree. X-Avengers are pretty competitive with anything else out there distance-wise.

JKP said:
rehder said:

do you throw them?

No actually I dont...I still prefer my OLF's, but I dont throw stikers either :p

Every once in a while I try an X avenger and Im always pleased with how nice a flight it has

New Release announcement!!

End of May release:

Full Production Run
ESP CYCLONE
ESP FLX DRONE

In the Works:
In the Player Pack will be the first runs of the new stable fairway driver and the new overstable putt/approach discs. Along with a Dry-Fit Polo,a personalized Buzzz, and much more.

Another putter in the works for a June/July release.

Thanks for all your feedback,
Discraft Inc.

DiscraftMike said:

End of May release:

Full Production Run
ESP CYCLONE
ESP FLX DRONE

In the Works:
In the Player Pack will be the first runs of the new stable fairway driver and the new overstable putt/approach discs. Along with a Dry-Fit Polo,a personalized Buzzz, and much more.

Another putter in the works for a June/July release.

Thanks for all your feedback,
Discraft Inc.

thats sounds like the place to be then

DiscraftMike said:

End of May release:

Full Production Run
ESP CYCLONE

:D :!:

I'm no longer thinking Gazelles anymore. Now I'm thinking Cyclones.

nohr said:
Jerrod said:
on sale at GGGT even, http://gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/dga-reef-p-289.html

Thanks for the heads up I ended up ordering a bunch of these. Hopefully these will feel/work the same way as my old APX's

Don't order the red ones.

I repeat.

DO NOT order the red ones.

The Reef in red is that cheap-o crappy super-fragile wannabe pro-d plastic they use for the RDGA discs. You will NOT be pleased with the durability.

Also, someone asked for a review of the D Force:

Flippier than a Z Force, stalls easier (possibly just the shape making the nose angle more finicky in my hand). VERY grippy plastic, but also noticeably fragile. Mine had a large chip come off of it when it skipped off the branch of a bush (after it had already slowed down).

Not a bad disc, but I'd rather use a Z Force.

DiscraftMike said:

End of May release:

Full Production Run
ESP CYCLONE
I had a really bad day at work. :x Now I'm happy. :D Thank you, Discraft!

I hate you guys. I'm takin my ball and going home.

And Frank, you're not my best friend anymore.