• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania (FD) Jackal

I FINALLY got a chance to throw my 175 DGR FDs alongside my TEST FD of the same weight. They are all orange. I was a bit surprised to see my new FDs fly as understable in the high speed portion of their flight as my seasoned TEST disc. They still have a more pronounced LSS than my TEST disc currently has as well. It will be interesting to see how they season. Everything else about them (glide, dome, feel, speed) seems pretty spot on with my TEST disc. I'm loving these things.

All i have with me out here in the mountains is my 175 FD and a soft Ion. No course around here but ive been getting them out on the frozen lake to toss around everyday and this FD is a ton of fun. Pretty odd year out here where there's no snow on the lake so the ice is all polished making for some crazy long slides once the discs land. They just keep goooooooing.

The wind picked up yesterday and i had some great fun throwing my ion up into the wind at 45 degrees. It'd go up up up p, start coming back towards me, hit the ice in front of me, skip and blast off back at me. Great fun!

I really want to pick one of these up. Where could I find a 167-171? Anyone buy one and not like it, send me a PM and we can work something out

Alright who's still throwing these? I am and they have pretty much replaced my ELs in my bag right now for tighter courses. I got a couple of more in trade and have noticed that they seem to vary in stability by color with my orange ones being the most stable.

Still throwing my orange tester, still in love. Although I have this PPD that has seasoned so nicely that it sometimes gets the attention my FD has been recieving for a while.

I'm liking mine, got an orange in the bag, goes pretty straight and far for a 300' thrower. Sawed a throw off the other day, aimed too high, got the nose up or something, still went far.

sunspot said:
Frank or anybody else, how does this compare to a Timberwolf or XL?

More stable than a timberwolf and it's actually about the same stability as all the new XLs i've thrown which seem to be more stable than the older ones.