• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Thread (Part II)

Any chatter about variance in colors for the new Cloudbreakers? Also, any thoughts how they'll handle that moving forward? The next run will have the same name but a new stamp and no number? Hard time wrapping my head around that.

Probably Full Cloudbreaker? xD

You snag one? I can only imagine give how stable the standard c-line is.

I grabbed three on the 20% discount. I throw the Metal Flake European Open FD3, and have an old Innova C-line. Same disc for me. My plan is to beat the snot out of one of the DB4, and if the market does something crazy, sell one. I really doubt they'll get crazy prices - especially since they're a month or better to deliver on the preorder. Hype might have fallen off by then. If I can sell one for hundreds, lol ok. Otherwise I plan to keep and throw them.

I snagged 5 and asked for a matched pair. Idk if I'll end up throwing any of them, but I have a feeling that regardless of how many they made, the demand will stay high, especially as more and more are thrown and lost.

Hot, saucy take:

Simon is "moving" to Lat64. This will also seal a merger of Discmania and the Trilogy parent company, finally ending the speculation of their connection. Therefore, Simon "left" the team but will have access to them again. Thoughts?

This mainly comes from me struggling to imagine Lizotte throwing gyro.

Question: what brand, if any, would you open your DM-only bag to for a Simon disc and what brand would you not?

Oh yeah…and the video is him driving out of the DM warehouse parking lot, all sad and kidding, and going right across the street to hug Tomas and Johnathan. Boom.

You heard it here first…

Last edited:
Hot, saucy take:

Simon is "moving" to Lat64. This will also seal a merger of Discmania and the Trilogy parent company, finally ending the speculation of their connection. Therefore, Simon "left" the team but will have access to them again. Thoughts?

This mainly comes from me struggling to imagine Lizotte throwing gyro.

Question: what brand, if any, would you open your DM-only bag to for a Simon disc and what brand would you not?

Oh yeah…and the video is him driving out of the DM warehouse parking lot, all sad and kidding, and going right across the street to hug Tomas and Johnathan. Boom.

You heard it here first…
Why do you struggle to imagine Simon throwing Gyro? They are just discs like every other disc. There were some people not being able to see Paul switching to Discraft, they foolishly thought Discrafts discs were so bad that Paul had no chance to be successful with them. They currently got egg on their face

If MVP is down the road and DM actually med the dollar salary then it seems highly probable that is were he is going if the "extras was so important". Having the HQ close means he can be alot more invloved in brandbuilding roles/projects etc which if his Youtube channel is anything to go by a very viable future job once the competing starts to fade

Man. You guys are all going to feel silly when Simon doesn't go anywhere. He will simply not be touring anymore and take up a CEO type roll at Discmania, essentially replacing Jussi. Guaranteed salary, no more touring so he can spend time with his family, and who better to be the figure head and spokesman for the company?

Looks like we will get a big re-stock of Mind Benders here i Sweden 12jan so.. . Dm pumping them out fast as long as they can.

But strange to sell "Simons" disc at a premium price when no money goes to Simon. .

Simon can probably put his kiddo thru college just by selling off part of that disc collection he's got. Especially since the originals are no longer, you know, original.

I put the Mentor back in the bag today. The Premium plastic version I have is pretty beat up and at 350' flips up from hyzer, glides in turn and fades reliably. Huge S curves and rollers. Don't throw it flat. It's better than the flippy Wraith I used to bag. I can't remember why I took it out because it's a great disc for me.

Last edited:
Ok. So on to bigger and better things. Can we please get a premium logic already? I was certain it would be this box and I was wrong.

This^
Maybe a premium Logic or P1 or even a Rainmaker!!
The P2 is too deep as a thrower and they don't make the P3 anymore.
Right now my throwing putter is the C-MD.

This^
Maybe a premium Logic or P1 or even a Rainmaker!!
The P2 is too deep as a thrower and they don't make the P3 anymore.
Right now my throwing putter is the C-MD.

Am I the only freak who loves the Sky God 4? I don't have wingspan or big hands, but throw it great backhand and forehand.

Have you not thrown the Premium Sensei? That's one you should give a look.