• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania

I've heard of softer P-PD2's that are closer to overstable Pro Destroyers, but haven't thrown any. All I've tried have been stiff and just about as overstable as the C-Lines, and pretty darn durable too.

jubuttib said:
All I've tried have been stiff and just about as overstable as the C-Lines, and pretty darn durable too.

Mine definitely was on the firmer side, but I wouldn't call it stiff really. New, it was pretty close to my C line in stability. At the time that I lost it, it showed some turn, but what really got me the distance on it was the later fade compared to the C line when it was seasoned a little bit. I could crank it on long anhyzers and have it fade just enough at the end to push forward a little more.

Where are these magical P-PD2s coming from? Hahaha. Everyone I have touched are definitely not as HSS as my C-line. I was just thinking that the S-line would be nice, as it would have the stability (or more) of the C-line but be grippier.

S-line would be nice. All the P-PD2s around here are the soft, more stable pro destroyer ones. Good for distance lines once they beat in.

No hard date but I've been hearing mentions of a March release for the FD.

I just went ahead and bought three when they were available, why didn't you? =P

jubuttib said:
I just went ahead and bought three when they were available, why didn't you? =P

I was too late. I got one off of a guy on DGCR. Ive been looking for more since. It is an Awesome disc

So I threw a couple of DGR D-MD2s I got in a trade. These things are pretty damn sweet and I could see pairing them with a couple of C-lines and having a nice midrange set. They throw a lot like the old X buzzes.

How do MD-2s compare to Cores? I Love my GL cores but recently have been loving Discmania drivers. Does Discmania make an overstable mid? What about the MD1? dont hear much about that

Do a search on here for the MD1. It's a decent overstable mid, but it hates OAT. It fights wind well, but so do flat C MD2's. I pair my C MD2 and 2 D MD2's with a champ Gator for overstable stuff. But because of my C MD2, I rarely need my Gator for the wind. It sees the most action with skip shots and big hyzers.

Discmania does make the GM, which looks like a mini Gator, but I think it's more of a tweeter disc and flies pretty far to be used as a true overstable mid.

http://www.discmania.net/products/md1/?tab=reviews

Some of the more recent runs of D-MD1's have been more Sharks than Rocs, but still very nice discs.

I've also discussed just about every Discmania disc in my bag thread, some to great extent, some not quite as much. I was throwing something like 350' max when I started the thread and nowadays I'm hitting around 450' max, so there's a bit of evolution mixed in.

what is the deal with champ PD's

i have two plus rims...why is this? any links to get more...they seem kinda nice but everyone wants the regular mold....

will discmania trade in the mistake discs for the correct ones?

Innova accidentally molded the production run with the +mold core, and it seems to have been a big run. They have run some after that with regular rims, but it seems like the +molds are still the majority out there. And no, they're definitely not going to trade any discs, that is not something you can expect from any disc company for a couple of decades yet.

sooo a buddy of mine that was at the memorial said he got a couple dp2's from jussi at the fly mart or something and those damn p2's were ran in kcpro plastic! he said it was a mistake according to jussi. i will be trying to get these off him...believe that.