• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ignite the SPARK

Sounds like Felon and Spark are pretty redundant.

At least for me, the Felon is already perfect for that slot so I'll have to see whether there is room for both. My Spark should be in the mail so I'll know pretty soon.

Not trident, xxx OS, they may be redundant, I won't disagree with you there, I was bagging a lucid and fluid felon and I took out the fluid to break in the spark, for a forehand, the is no compassion imo, the spark feels way more comfortable then the felon

The Spark and the Felon are quite comparable IMO. One has a slightly bigger rim, but the overall lines are pretty similar to me. The XXX, on the other hand, is even more OS and wants to start fading out sooner than either the Felon or Spark, which can carry straight for a good distance before the fade kicks in.

My spark came in the mail today, and had a chance to throw it in some breezy conditions. It was way more overstable than I expected. I don't know if it was the wind or a goofy mold, but it threw like my stiletto. I was cranking my trident on straighter lines. Forehand anhyzers were coming back right very fast, flat backhand releases were going left almost immediately. I look forward to using it on a calm day to get a good comparison.

Got my Spark this weekend and wanted to give a little summary on it.

First off, I got a 175g Orange Spark. From the reviews posted I expected a pretty stable flight. I was not disappointed. I throw RHBH max distance around 410 ft. I would not say it was unusable over stability. I have thrown Firebirds, XXX, Felons, and Predators. I would put it in that category. When I first felt the disc I noticed it was VERY comfortable in my hand. I currently have Felon's in the bag, but their rim is wider by a small margin, but the thing with the Spark is it has a very comfortable rim depth. The felon is taller in my opinion. The OPTO plastic is amazing, very grippy but not too floppy. It has much more give then my 167g Lucid Felon. The dome was flat, but had a bit of a rise to it. Nothing like those rock hard FAF Firebirds. This was just a good ole flat disc.

The flight of the disc is a very good straight flight with a pronounced fade at the end. I would not put it in the same category as my old FLX Pred which was basically a meat hook and I only used it for trick shots. The Spark is very useable. I somewhat feel it was similar to what people are looking for in the good old Firebirds. It had very little (maybe -.25) turn, and a very pronounced 3-4 fade at the end 20-25 percent of the flight. I could depend on the LSS fade at the end and it consistently faded around the same spot every time.

Compared to the Felon, it is shorter and less stable for me. I feel the Felon is longer more of a speed 9 but the glide makes it feel like a driver distance. Because of the Sparks rim being smaller, the flight was more of longer fairway driver maybe closer to a PD or a glidey Firebird. Very useable for that OS fairway spot. I feel when it beats in it will be closer to more a broken in Firebird which will be amazing.

Conclusion: Great OS long fairway driver. Great glide and a pronounced fade. Does not immediately want to go to the left (RHBH). Very useable and will beat in nicely. Similar to the Felon, but not as long and not as much fade. More testing for me is needed, and it might take over the Felon's spot, mainly because it is more of a fairway and not a driver distance. HSS: 0 (maybe a minuscule bit of turn) LSS: 3-4

Last edited:
Seems like people have mixed feelings on the Spark and its' stability.

I got a pinkish orange 174g Opto in the mail few days ago and have now thrown it for few days against a 171g Sparkle Lucid Felon and a 172g brand new Fuzion Felon.

For me the Spark was the most OS and shortest of the bunch. I can imagine that for really big arms, the beat in Felon would fly more of an S-curve while the Spark would be just dead straight. Both will still fade out for sure.

Feel wise I actually prefer the Felon, but that doesn't mean that Spark isn't comfortable 'cause it is. Both are very flat and nice to FH as well as BH.

ive only got one round in with this disc but so far i am sold. im a picky firebird thrower that can never find a firebird that makes me happy unless i spend too much money. this disc may very well solve that issue. the opto i have is flat and super grippy. it feels great for my grip and flies exactly how i want a fresh firebird to fly, cant wait to see how it wears in. i have heard some people compare it to a PD and i dont see that at all. i can put a PD out to 425ft comfortably but i had a hard time getting the spark over 325ft with quite a bit of effort.

I max out at about three hundred feet and currently carry a XXX for my over stable wind fighter. The XXX does the job and doesn't flip into a headwind but its pretty beefy for me and doesn't offer much in terms of distance potential with my arm strength. Would the spark be easier for someone like me to get up to speed and increase my distance while using a wind fighting disc. Its not a slot I use a lot but any chance to squeeze out a few more feet off the tee could be beneficial. Thank you for any feedback.

Well, while the Spark isn't quite as beefy as XXX it is still very OS. On top of this, it is quite slow so I doubt that you would get a lot more distance with it.

Instead I would recommend the Felon as it has similar stability, but is a bit faster and longer. Other option with 300ft max power would be Saint Pro.

Thank you for the help. I do carry a Saint Pro in the bag which I like. It works for most breezy days and then I use the XXX when the wind is really blowing. I think I will stick with my current lineup for the time being. I keep a small bag now with a six mold set up. So space is limited which should help me with consistency issues.

Any more information on these now that they've been out for a little bit? Any reason to even spend money on these if I already love my felons and don't see them leaving?

Any more information on these now that they've been out for a little bit? Any reason to even spend money on these if I already love my felons and don't see them leaving?

I've been throwing them side by side in the park for a while now, and the only reason I can see to bag the Spark is if your Felon goes too far. They both feel good in the hand and have similar flight patterns, but the Felon will go a little bit further.

only reason I can see to bag the Spark is if your Felon goes too far. They both feel good in the hand and have similar flight patterns, but the Felon will go a little bit further.

^this once you beat in a felon it goes for a long ways, so much so I needed a xxx too got utility shots, I think the spark fills the utility spot better then the xxx. Forehand and over hand better imo.

I just got 2 sparks in purely because I love my seasoned Felons. I found the Felon to be a touch more overstable than I would like when throwing those 350 straight shots with fade and I'm hoping the spark is just going to hold a little longer with less fade. You saying they dont go as far as the Felon however is a bit discouraging. We will see.

I like the spark better than the felon and find it more controlable. It holds a hard anny where my felon would flex out. They are very similar though and couldnt see bagging both

i bagged one for a few rounds, and found that it overlapped with my opto tridents "different speed but same flight and distance, tridents ain't goin no where, spark out da bag.

i bagged one for a few rounds, and found that it overlapped with my opto tridents "different speed but same flight and distance, tridents ain't goin no where, spark out da bag.

Same. I was expecting it, though. Spark is still a very nice disc and incredibly comfortable in the hand. But Tridents and I have a committed relationship.

So I was surprised to see when I took my spark to the field that it was STABLE. I don't remember my Felons being as overstable, then again mine are seasoned somewhat but not hugely. Maybe the one I thru was just super beefy, but I find the spark to be closer to firebird than a felon. The felon I find flies much straighter before fading, whereas the Spark wanted to fade right out of the hand.

So I was surprised to see when I took my spark to the field that it was STABLE. I don't remember my Felons being as overstable, then again mine are seasoned somewhat but not hugely. Maybe the one I thru was just super beefy, but I find the spark to be closer to firebird than a felon. The felon I find flies much straighter before fading, whereas the Spark wanted to fade right out of the hand.

I have only thrown a friend's Spark but it seemed pretty close to a fresh Felon. I think the Fluid Felon I just picked up is slightly more stable than the Spark I threw.

I am getting confused about the flight of the spark vs. the felon the more I read about them.
I was hoping the spark would be a little less overstable than the felon and firebird.
But there are so many different opinions on it.

Latest posts