• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ignite the SPARK

I am getting confused about the flight of the spark vs. the felon the more I read about them.
I was hoping the spark would be a little less overstable than the felon and firebird.
But there are so many different opinions on it.

People are just going back and forth about miniscule details. Some folks are comparing seasoned Felons and fresh Sparks or vice versa, or an opto metal flake Felon, or just one that's a little more or less stable than others, there are too many variables in play here

The take home lesson is: The Spark is like a Felon, but shorter. (You may or may not notice minor differences between individual discs.)

People are just going back and forth about miniscule details. Some folks are comparing seasoned Felons and fresh Sparks or vice versa, or an opto metal flake Felon, or just one that's a little more or less stable than others, there are too many variables in play here

The take home lesson is: The Spark is like a Felon, but shorter. (You may or may not notice minor differences between individual discs.)

^ Amen! I totally agree.

I am getting confused about the flight of the spark vs. the felon the more I read about them.
I was hoping the spark would be a little less overstable than the felon and firebird.
But there are so many different opinions on it.

The Spark is slightly less OS than the Firebird in my opinion, with slightly more glide. It's also a bit slower. It's still a very overstable control driver tho. I call it a mini Firebird. I have never thrown a Felon, so I have no idea how the Spark compares to it

Last edited:
-Just ordered two, 171 gram Sparks, the lightest weight they had. Was actually hoping for something in the mid 160s but I don't think it is even offered yet.

-I'm addicted for sure. For some reason I just really want to try these bad boys out!

-Will post my opinions/comparisons to what is currenlty in my bag. I'm alreading suspecting it will fill in nicely between the xxx and enforcer.

-Though I haven't thrown/carry a felon. I'm hoping it will fill that spot folks are talking about in the bag.

My bag: judge, envy, harp, mako, mace, verdict, xxx, saint pro, tern, world, enforcer

Dam! I might end up with too many options here if I fall in love with the spark.

Spark Review:

More over stable than I expected. Reminded me of the xxx in terms of look and feel.

Longer than the x for sure but not much more. This is a tough beefy disc.

Looks like the prodigy's new H series line. I wonder how similar they are?

I really like this disc but it takes a very strong swing to keep it on line.

Certainly not beginner friendly.

Last edited:
The Spark is slightly less OS than the Firebird in my opinion, with slightly more glide. It's also a bit slower. It's still a very overstable control driver tho. I call it a mini Firebird. I have never thrown a Felon, so I have no idea how the Spark compares to it

This is spot on. I know it's not listed as such but my spark has a larger diameter than a firebird teebird etc.

Just posted to Dave about some of my thoughts on his new disc.

Still trying to work this into my bag. Right now it sits between the xxx and enforcer.

Really loving the blunt rim on this disc. Seems like it is going to make it last a long time.

The spark has taken the place of my gummy evolution blazes which are also shorter Firebirds. Good blazes are getting hard to find and I really like the feel of the Spark.

I don't use the spark much but it's got a spot in my bag. I think a baseline plastic spark would be nice. The blunt nose could take damage and break in slow.

I got my first Spark in the mail today. Completely nails the definition of FAF. It actually domes Inward a tiny bit. I can't wait to try this thing.

I've been using my Spark for about a month now. VERY beefy. I took the XXX out of my bag. Not saying its a better disc, but I just pull it out more often than I did my XXX. I really Feel like I have my Trilogy fairway driver lineup complete now with these newer released. I use the Spark for OS fairway shots. My seasoned Felons for straight to OS shots, Convicts for Straight shots, and a Saint for turnovers.

Who is throwing a Spark these days? I felt one and liked the rim.

What are they flying like?

I've heard the Eagle X/ Banshee comparisons. Is that accurate?

I used to throw the spark fairly recently. I had one that ws fairly beat in and it was still overstable as can be. Reminds me of a FAF firebird more than an eagle.

I used to throw the spark fairly recently. I had one that ws fairly beat in and it was still overstable as can be. Reminds me of a FAF firebird more than an eagle.

Really? Now I want one...

Yeah, the only real difference for me was the plastic. The opto used for the spark seems to be gummier than normal opto and I wanted a harder option so I started using an FAF. I saw they were coming out with gold line so Im not sure what that is like for the spark.

I don't got a big arm, but for me the Spark flies very OS, like a Firebird. It doesn't quite have that huge skip as a Firebird tho. Mine is a 172 Opto. I use it for utility

Is it more or less OS than a Felon?

I can Personally throw a Felon Straighter, and Farther, with a good fade at the end. I have thrown 3 different Felons and they were just not the Beef, out of the hand, that I expected. The Spark is much more a meathook out of my hand, which is what I was looking for in this particular type of disc in my bag. The one Spark I have is FAF and I like the smaller rim than the Felon, too. So, MY Spark is more OS than any Felon I have thrown. To me, the Spark fits Perfectly between the Felon and XXX in Stability.