• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
*steadily applies peer pressure*

Edit: I was actually hoping for epic, horrific conditions. I feel like it would give me a competitive advantage. :rolleyes:

Same... In it, to win it.

This last Sunday there was barely any snow... So unless it dumps throughout the week should be more than nice.

Village Center is marginally more interesting than the old layout, but even more crammed in for the first few holes. The last few after the long walk are the same.

Yes, holes 1-8 on the front "half" of the course seemed extremely crammed in there.

At least you get a nice view of the river on the long walk. Although I was the only one playing disc golf, I had to compete with the geese on several holes. They were not happy to see me on their turf yesterday.

Randall Oaks was much nicer except for the long walk from the parking lot. The lots adjacent to the course were not open for business yesterday, so I had to park by the petting zoo and started my round on Hole #8. I'd like to go back there and check it out during some warmer weather.

I managed to throw my drive under #2's basket at Randall Oaks. Looked like it was headed for the chains until it dropped and came to rest about 20'-25' past the pin. I've thrown plenty of putts and upshots that flew under the basket, but this is the only drive I can remember where it happened like that.

Hay guys I'm thinking I may have time to check out a course I have not played tomarrow afternoon. I will be in the wheeling/highland park area. What would you recomend?

You could pair up the two in Buffalo Grove: Twin Creeks and Willow Stream. One's a really bad course with some silly short holes and the other's a slightly above average Chicago 9er with a couple nice long holes and a touch of elevation on a couple shots.

You could pair up the two in Buffalo Grove: Twin Creeks and Willow Stream. One's a really bad course with some silly short holes and the other's a slightly above average Chicago 9er with a couple nice long holes and a touch of elevation on a couple shots.

I have already played both of them meny times I was looking for something new. I have not played any of the three or four in highland park are they worth trying out? I have also played the ten hole thats just off 294.

Willow stream... Where it all began for me...

The highland park/glencoe courses are pretty much on the same level as well.

Thanks for the imput guys. Is anyone going to be out that way and have time to get a round in, in the afternoon?

What time? I could be up that way around 3:30-4. Fink (in Highland Park) is the quickest for me to get to from here in the city but I could make it to any of them in that area.

I'm thinking about that time. I have a job to do in wheeling and as soon as it's done I will be playing. But there is really no way to say for sure what time it will be done. I could PM you to let you know what time I will be there when I see how the day goes. I will also have a freind/co-worker of mine that is not a DGCR member that will be playing with me also.

Unfortunately I'll be working in Lisle tomorrow, otherwise I'd join you guys :)

If you end up hitting up Fink, play safari! I like playing regular 1 and 2 to start, then 9 tee to 4 basket, 5 tee to 6 basket, 7 tee to 4 basket, 8 tee to 9 basket.

I'm thinking about that time. I have a job to do in wheeling and as soon as it's done I will be playing. But there is really no way to say for sure what time it will be done. I could PM you to let you know what time I will be there when I see how the day goes. I will also have a freind/co-worker of mine that is not a DGCR member that will be playing with me also.

Shoot me the details :thmbup:

I think I'm headed up to Buffalo Grove tomorrow after work to get some test throws with the blizzard wraith and boss I bought over the weekend if anyone wants to join me. I plan on being there around 4 and staying until it gets dark.

I think I'm headed up to Buffalo Grove tomorrow after work to get some test throws with the blizzard wraith and boss I bought over the weekend if anyone wants to join me. I plan on being there around 4 and staying until it gets dark.

sounds fun tell us how they are!! And is anybody gonna be playin trinity saturday?

The Father, The Son, and the Ghostest with the Mostest.

Also, occasionally a herd of goats.

Well that clears everything up. There's sometimes a dude washing a horse too.

Status
Not open for further replies.