• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randall oaks is the best one, by far. Can get pretty windy though, even on 'calm' days.

Four lakes is probably out of the ground right now (just guessing).

Village center, I've been meaning to hit up. I haven't been there since they revised the layout.

Castaldo is decent, I haven't been since they cleared a bunch of trees down, still some decent holes on the back. Maryknoll and commons are pretty similar, pretty open with a few trees and hills here and there. I like commons better but that's probably some HBB.

But, as our pal 3putt would say, all those courses suck.

In honor of Honest Abe's Birthday, I believe I am going to check out a "new-to-me" course or 2 on the way out of the big city this afternoon.

While trying to find something that is kinda sorta on the way home, there are just too many quality choices. How can I possibly pick just 1 or 2 between Lombard Commons, Maryknoll, Castaldo, Four Lakes, Randall Oaks, and Village Center. :confused: :sick: :wall:

Anyone else getting out there today?

The only one listed that I have played is Randall oaks. Nice little 10 hole. course. Watch out for the sing that is off the left side of the fairway on hole 8. It's a thin metel sign parallel with the way your throwing. My buddy drove a X XL into it and put a one inch cut in it.

I was also going to suggest Black Bear but I see you already have played it.

Randall oaks is the best one, by far. Can get pretty windy though, even on 'calm' days.

Four lakes is probably out of the ground right now (just guessing).

Village center, I've been meaning to hit up. I haven't been there since they revised the layout.

Castaldo is decent, I haven't been since they cleared a bunch of trees down, still some decent holes on the back. Maryknoll and commons are pretty similar, pretty open with a few trees and hills here and there. I like commons better but that's probably some HBB.

But, as our pal 3putt would say, all those courses suck.

Yes, I know they all suck. That's why I am not wasting a day with good weather on any of 'em. ;)

Some day, I will mark all Chicagoland area courses off my list....even all of the crappy courses.

GDBP & Steveo, thanks for the tips! Whichever ones I do not see today will probably happen next Monday afternoon while celebrating President's Day! :thmbup:

Now I just need to line up a few more for Pulaski Day....:|

Hey now, I never said they suck!!!!!!!! LBC 4 Lyfe!!! :|

Village Center is marginally more interesting than the old layout, but even more crammed in for the first few holes. The last few after the long walk are the same.

Haha, the loooooong wall to the police station.

Anyone else planning on playing the Frozen Tundra BYO partner doubles tourney @ Lemon Lake this Sunday? :popcorn:

I think we've got WCG, Jrock, GDBP and myself...Mashy? You and Ashleigh in? :popcorn:

Should prove to be a good time...Red and Silver are the courses.

37 and sunny, looks like a pretty nice day for it. Not sure yet, but I'd love to do it again.

*steadily applies peer pressure*

Edit: I was actually hoping for epic, horrific conditions. I feel like it would give me a competitive advantage. :rolleyes:

If there's not too much snow out there and the weather is nice I might be able to drag my buddy out for the day. We'll see how much melts before then.

Kid + Kid = Partner. I'm pretty sure it's in the rules. :| ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.