• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Is Innova lacking a true understable fairway driver?

If they could make a fairway that flew like a beat Qjls it would be money I'm always so afraid of losing my beat CE Qjls.

I think, when you edit a post, it should be edited everywhere someone quotes it.

Agreed. On a side note, Im sure 150 dx leopards are understable when new but shouldn't we have the option to have this same flight in a premium plastic disc with weights >160.

Most newer companies classify their speed 9 discs as fairway drivers. Look at MVP, DD, LAT 64, etc.

So I would say a star roadrunner out of the box is your innova equivalent to a truly understable "fairway" driver.

Also a pro leopards flight is a thing of beauty. I've had the same one in my bag for 3 years.

It would be a great roller but the two I've thrown we're quite a bit more over stable than dx archangels prolly even a little more stable than champ sidewinders

I'm not quite following how understable of a fairway driver the OP is looking for from Innova. As mentioned by some other folks a Pro Leopard is my big anny disc. The Champ Leopard is a great long/slow anny disc. With those two discs I'm never looking for more anny on drives from 280-370'. However, the Leopard does require better control on release angle than a disc like the River or other flippier fairways.

I figure for folks throwing less distance with fairway drivers should be looking at Leos in the low-mid 160's and will get similar results from the same plastic.

It would be a great roller but the two I've thrown we're quite a bit more over stable than dx archangels prolly even a little more stable than champ sidewinders

Really that's ashame..good thing I have my beat to crap champ leopard that rolls like a dream and my beat to crap champ beast that rolls even further. To be honest though, the op just needs to get a champ leopard and wait cause even when it beats in it will stay a great anny disc for a very very long time. So to quote Qui Gon,"Patience young padawan, your time will come." So just get a lighter weight pro for the mean time cause by the time the pro has had it, that champ will be just hittin exactly what your lookin for.

Co-sign Mashnut.

As far as Champ and Innova goes, you basically have two options: A lighter Ch. Leopard or a domey Eagle-L, perhaps also lighter. Outside of that, you have to either beat in their several stable drivers like the TL into flippy or disc up into slow distance driver territory of Valk (tend to be stable new), SW (same) or Roadrunners.

just use a light/beat champ or star sidewinder...
it's accurate enough to be a fairway

actually any beat dx distance driver/fairway driver should do the trick
Innova has probably the MOST turnover discs. You just have to know the correct plastic, weight, and degree of use of that disc.

I am pretty sure the OP was asking about a premium plastic (champ,star) flippy slow disc to be used in fairwayesque situations. LOL theres like 100 dx or other company suggestions

I agree the only production choice would be the Eagle L or the Leo BOTH AVAILABLE IN PREMIUM PLASTIC

Are you looking for something thrown flat that will turn for tunnels or are you ok throwing with some height to manipulate an anny line?

A low flying high turning slow fairway disc really sounds like a flippy mid to me but alas you're looking for a low speed flippy disc titled as a fairway lol....I think the fact that discs require speed to turn in this manner is why you're frustrated....basically you need to overpower a disc to make it flip for a low flat line or learn to throw a flick lol

I think the real question is, which fairway driver from ANY company does this?
I would say my champ panther flies like this, but honestly just get a beat up roc or something. If distance is your problem then you need to learn how to throw those mids.

I would say my champ panther flies like this, but honestly just get a beat up roc or something. If distance is your problem then you need to learn how to throw those mids.

I'm glad you mentioned the Panther. A domey Panther is like a flippy mini-Leo. I prefer to throw mids and putters in the woods also but low ceiling shots just call for a driver sometimes, I don't care how far you throw.

panther

I'm glad you mentioned the Panther. A domey Panther is like a flippy mini-Leo. I prefer to throw mids and putters in the woods also but low ceiling shots just call for a driver sometimes, I don't care how far you throw.

The panther, well MY flat panther, can bomb. On a low ceiling too.
And it's flippy enough to do what OP wants, imo.
But good luck finding a good panther these days.

To the OP: Yes, they do lack one.

Westside Underworld (7/6/-3/1). Flies like a glidier pro Leopard straight from the shelf. Switch over to the dark side, you know you want it ;)

P.S. I know there are discs from other companies that will fill this gap but I really want to discuss the gap in Innovas line up. Thanks

Please enlighten me as to these other discs that will turn over in premium plastic. I think I've personally tried every manufacturer's most understable fairway driver in max weight and a beat DX Leopard remains the ONLY one that truly turns over for me in no headwind.

Gap? Only if you need discs in 25' increments to fill the bag.

Pro Leopard, done. If that doesn't reach out far enough, I am going to pull out a driver and wail on it.

Latest posts