• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

Got my Opto-X backups in today, should be good for the next year or two. BTW, per Lat64's Facebook page, Opto-X won't be going into production. They say it's too inconsistent and difficult to get right.

Got my Opto-X backups in today, should be good for the next year or two. BTW, per Lat64's Facebook page, Opto-X won't be going into production. They say it's too inconsistent and difficult to get right.

Im really curious about this version...

So lets say you have 10' turn to work with (tight fairway), about how much longer would you be able to punch the opto-x with the same amount of turn as you second most stable River?

Im really curious about this version...

So lets say you have 10' turn to work with (tight fairway), about how much longer would you be able to punch the opto-x with the same amount of turn as you second most stable River?

2nd most stable for me is my Moonshine River. As far as what you're asking, if I gave it some hyzer I could probably get 180' or so down that kind of fairway before the Moonshine hit something on the right (RHBH). With Opto-X, probably 270' or so before it hit something on the left as it faded. Bear in mind both types go about 290' for my power.

2nd most stable for me is my Moonshine River. As far as what you're asking, if I gave it some hyzer I could probably get 180' or so down that kind of fairway before the Moonshine hit something on the right (RHBH). With Opto-X, probably 270' or so before it hit something on the left as it faded. Bear in mind both types go about 290' for my power.

Sounds like the perfect disc between a heavy River and a beat in Compass. Yumyum...

So what I gather is that Moonshine is the most OS readily available River?

2nd most stable for me is my Moonshine River.

The Moonshine River was the most stable River that I tried (the others I tried being Opto and Gold Line). Problem was that the Moonshine River beat in as fast as the others, and became flippy US way too fast for my liking.

A great company like Trilogy/Lat64 will hopefully find a way to give me a River at 167g in a very, very durable plastic that will not be a limited run. :popcorn: Meanwhile, I'm liking the Leopard3 more and more...

The Moonshine River was the most stable River that I tried (the others I tried being Opto and Gold Line). Problem was that the Moonshine River beat in as fast as the others, and became flippy US way too fast for my liking.

A great company like Trilogy/Lat64 will hopefully find a way to give me a River at 167g in a very, very durable plastic that will not be a limited run. :popcorn: Meanwhile, I'm liking the Leopard3 more and more...

I know its not regular productions, but the Devon Owens Opto X River might be what you want if they're still available.

Lat64 still had some on their website last time I looked, but prepare to pay VAT and additional shipping for them. They still had some in orange, where DD has sold out of all but yellow (in heavy weight) and purple (in lighter weight).

BTW I've played a few rounds and hit several trees with my DO River and can provide some updates.

1. Opto-X seems to be much more durable than any other Swedish plastic I've seen. I've blasted a couple of trees right off the tee already, and there's barely a scuff on it.
2. Probably related, it seems to be holding its stability longer. By this point my Moonshine & Opto Air had already started developing more turn.
3. It's still a River, meaning it will definitely flip in a headwind.

Actually it looks like DD is now sold out of all Opto-X except JohnE's Saint Pro & Feldberg's Moonshine XXX.

I know its not regular productions, but the Devon Owens Opto X River might be what you want if they're still available.

Thanks for the heads-up. Yes, I was very interested in what I heard about them :) , but then I heard that they're not going to be production runs. :(

I'm sure it would do quite well if they brought Opto-X to the production line. I wouldnt be interested in it personally. I dont like the really stiff plastic, but many many people do.

1. Opto-X seems to be much more durable than any other Swedish plastic I've seen. I've blasted a couple of trees right off the tee already, and there's barely a scuff on it.

That sounds like the earliest Opto discs I owned 4-5 years ago. They used to be a lot tougher than they are now.

So Moonshine is notebly more stable then Frost? Maybe ill just order a couple of Opto-x, noticed that l64customs also had Fuji prototypes in...

I actually forgot about Frost. I haven't thrown any and can't really comment on them.

I actually forgot about Frost. I haven't thrown any and can't really comment on them.

I'm sorry for being so jumpy but I never ťhrew a Moonshine. :D
I love my Frost River when playing around freezing temp but my 178g beat in gold is almost as stable.

Are those only available through Dynamic?

Sounds like they're going to have some available to brick-and-mortars soon. Same for their own Lucid-X tour series stuff (which is the same plastic).