• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although, some Proton core plastic does feel different lately, gripy, more gummy, little softer. Compared to some of the new ones i have felt, the old FR is definitely stiffer and more slick. Flight, im sure is unaffected though.

Consistency.

Even with MVP being a very consistent brand. No two runs of plastic will feel the same. Too many variables to get the same plastic feel every run. MVP cannot avoid this as well as all companies.

Fo realz?

B00160JSNI-s-fur-real-friends._SX342_SY299_.jpg

Even with MVP being a very consistent brand. No two runs of plastic will feel the same. Too many variables to get the same plastic feel every run. MVP cannot avoid this as well as all companies.

Yep. It's smaller then most companies though. It's a big reason why my bag is mostly MVP. I feel confident if I lose a disc, I can buy a new one.

....1st run and second run shocks feel the exact same unless you have magic fingertips that can change the feel of the disc....

....1st run and second run shocks feel the exact same unless you have magic fingertips that can change the feel of the disc....
There is no denying that current regulars are softer than older runs. C'mon man it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the identical feel across runs. Plastic itself from the manufactures vary no matter how hard they try, I am talking the pellets to the disc.

I can feel the difference. If you touch enough discs you can feel PLH difference without even looking at it. I can thumb through a stack and usually pick it out without laying them on a table

Like a BOSS, great to see the discs being thrown in order of stability on similar lines!! exactly what we want.

Another awesome video Mike. I wish you do an in depth one on how to throw backhand. I know you've done distance tips and grip tips but I know a lot of people would value you opinion about shoulder turn, hip pivot, snap, etc.

I spent the afternoon working on my drives and playing some Anode only rounds. I've found that I'm much better with my tried and true 175 Anode. My new 169 is cool but I think I'm just so used to that weight on putts. My 169 will be used for more drives.

The proton volt i have is getting a little seasoned and flying super straight now, about what i expected. Has turn i would say -0.5 HSS and 2 LSS its not as strong of a fade as it was when new.. very similar to a fresh neutron volt with the forward slow fade.

The proton volt i have is getting a little seasoned and flying super straight now, about what i expected. Has turn i would say -0.5 HSS and 2 LSS its not as strong of a fade as it was when new.. very similar to a fresh neutron volt with the forward slow fade.

Thanks for the gripping update.

i understand that in4d might be an easy target, but seriously. this is a thread dedicated to one disc with one purpose: being thrown. there can only be so much "discussion" before it becomes repetitive.

i, for one, enjoy hearing reports about new discs becoming seasoned as it gives further insight to how it might change its role in a bag. i don't carry the disc, but hearing how it flies after a while might sway me into an "investment" of sorts. not in this case, but whatever.

whether or not the post is truthful or just based off fanboyism is beside the point - it's a person posting about a disc in a thread about that particular disc's manufacturer and their discs on a forum about discs.

i understand that in4d might be an easy target, but seriously.

:D I always have a target on my back here, lately i choose to ignore it because a reply to such fatuity, would only make me a fool myself.

Anyways, not to brag, but i don't think i posted this picture on this thread before:

8bar.jpg

Its from the current run, slightly transparent.. not sure if i want to sell it or keep it because i really don't want to throw it :(

I bring this up because i was sitting here looking at it, contemplating putting it into the auction house :)

its too bad it has a stamp on it... i could say its a proton shock!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.