• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slots MVP needs to fill in future releases:

-All Distance Driver slots
-Under-Stable midrange (something like a Tursas)
-More Over-stable Approach disc (like a Zone)
-Under-Stable putter (like a PA4)

With a full lineup they could sponsor some pros and get their name out there more on the main stage.

It has been quite a while since anything new from MVP, they have to be working on something amazing :)

dwZ10.jpg

Personally, I think that the Tensor is close enough to fill the Zone slot for most people. Lots and lots of players get by with things like Gators or Drones instead of something as short & o/s as the Zone, or they just step up to something like a Trident or Whippet. Hell, lots of people just stop at fresh Rocs (Vector) and just disc up if they need something more beefy.

Don't get me wrong, I would be throwing money at MVP if they made a Zone-like disc, but there are at least a half dozen slots I'd rather see filled first. I'm with ya on the other ones though, especially something like a Tursas/Meteor/GL Fuse. I'd also like to see a "true" fairway driver (MVP Cyclone, anyone?).

Oh, and a softer blend for non-putter molds would be a huge money pit for me too. MVP feels great in warm weather, but I find their mids and m putters too firm and slick in cool weather. I'd like to see them take the slightly softer recent P blend a step further...

Am I the only one less interested in what disc they put out than what clever trick they have for its release? A/e t the nano red herring with the tensor.

When I look at my bag I think about discs that MVP should replace with new discs. I want a massively overstable putter to replace my Pig. An understable mid to replace my Tursas. Understable fairway for my River.

When I look at my bag I think about discs that MVP should replace with new discs. I want a massively overstable putter to replace my Pig. An understable mid to replace my Tursas. Understable fairway for my River.

Dude man sausage bro I replaced my river with the latest run of the Amp.. Working great :)

I hit a 150' upshot right in the chains today with my upshot anode. Good times

Just a few quick questions... I have a Neutron Volt (167) and it acts too overstable for me (as in turns left too much, too soon). I can throw my Teebirds for straight and flex shots. I know form has a lot to do with it but why is the Volt harder to send on a straight path? Should I get an Amp that is supposed to be a little more understable? Will it be more forgiving?

I am looking for a flight that can be thrown and will go right on its flight , turn left and fade assuming I make good throws?

Do I need to put MVP out of my mind until I am man enough?

Do I not have the "snap" to get the gyro effect going?

^^ You either have a noodle arm like me, or an extra stable Volt (First Run). My Volts are also a little overstable for my arm, and have a healthy fade.

I would definitely suggest the Amp. I think you'll find it's just what you're looking for.

Edit: Oops, a post got in the way...talking to discguy. :)

^^ You either have a noodle arm like me, or an extra stable Volt (First Run). My Volts are also a little overstable for my arm, and have a healthy fade.

I would definitely suggest the Amp. I think you'll find it's just what you're looking for.

Edit: Oops, a post got in the way...talking to discguy. :)

Just got the Volt around the end of July, so it should be a newer run.

Noodle arm in effect.

I did have some good throws with it to day. Half were good, straight, and level with a definite fade. The other half were out and up then hyzer n burn out hard left. Guess I need to do some more field work or take it on a Volt and Anode only round.

For noodles like us, the Volt and Amp are a great pair. But yea, work with your Volt some more. Besides, the more you chuck it, the more beat it will be, and then it'll hit that sweet spot for a long time.

For noodles like us, the Volt and Amp are a great pair. But yea, work with your Volt some more. Besides, the more you chuck it, the more beat it will be, and then it'll hit that sweet spot for a long time.

What plastic should I get...Proton or Neutron?

They have at least 1 distance driver currently under development, they said they are taking the time to get exactly what they are looking for and it may be a while. I hope for a Distance driver that flys like my Proton Volt.

Just got a new super flat Proton Volt...But I've been stuck inside because of the rain :( Maybe it will get its inaugural flight tonight after work!!!

Just got a new super flat Proton Volt...But I've been stuck inside because of the rain :( Maybe it will get its inaugural flight tonight after work!!!

Don't throw it like your Neutron Volt, if you have one. The Proton Volt molded a bit more stable in the proton plastic.

Expect No turn (0 HSS), with stronger Finnish (~2.5 LSS).

Crank it flat and hard :) .. think of how a "teebird" described flight SHOULD look like and that's what it does.

Its extremely reliable for me when powered up, never afraid of it flipping over on me like my seasoned neutron volt. Sometimes it goes straight longer than expected though, never had a disc fly so straight without flipping and yet not have an overly beefy Finnish, its just right.

My Main p-volt i have been beating on is starting to get straighter, sometimes i get a slight turn on a crank over 400' but its very mute and doesn't last long, it still finishes hard.. more reliable, accurate.

Most of my p-volts are the same, except my DN FR Stamped p-Volt is extra beef, fades much earlier in flight, like what a beat shock might fly like after a while, i like it for when i need less dump than my beat shock though

the guys at MVP know what they are doing, its been a pleasure hucking their plastic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts